Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Any one smoke the Monte sublimes??
Might have to "find" some of these and wanted to see what you guys think of it.
From what I have been reading on these they are out of this world and  not to be missed.
I believe James Suckling gave these a non blind score of 91.
Thanks tank. I didn't know they had reviewed it already.  I'm surprised it didn't get higher then 91 even thou I'm sure it needs a lot of rest.
jeht2000 Wrote:Thanks tank. I didn't know they had reviewed it already.  I'm surprised it didn't get higher then 91 even thou I'm sure it needs a lot of rest.

James did not review it as a sitdown review.   He was in Havana and got ahold of one and smoked it.   He gave it an off-the-cuff 91.
The rest he had confiscated when he came into the U.S. 
US_Tank Wrote:The rest he had confiscated when he came into the U.S.
Maybe we should ask the customs agent for a review... [doh] seriously though,  confiscations suck Sad

James Suckling is the European editor for CA magazine.   He was in Havana to smoke the new LE's released.   After he left Havana he came to the U.S. for a Big Smoke event for 3 days before going back to Europe.   The customs agent asked what he was doing in Havana and his occupation.    The obvious answer led to questions about whether or not he had Cubans.

According to James they were in a backroom and the customs agents were very nice.   Even though Sucklings intentions were to take the Cuban cigars back to his home in Europe, they were nonethess illegal in the U.S.   According to Suckling they destroyed the cigars right there in front of him.   Then they let him be on his way.
Senseless.  Stupid.  That is all I have to say.