Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
North Dakota Blizzard
Rob The Long Island Cowboy Wrote:wow.  some entrepeneurally minded kids are going to make a fortune shoveling all that.
Kids don't shovel snow anymore.  They also don't mow lawns or rake leaves.  Don't ask me why, I really have no idea.
bartok Wrote:
Rob The Long Island Cowboy Wrote:wow.  some entrepeneurally minded kids are going to make a fortune shoveling all that.
Kids don't shovel snow anymore.  They also don't mow lawns or rake leaves.  Don't ask me why, I really have no idea.

they do where I live. I used to charge $2. Today they ask for $50!!!

I laugh and do it myself.

Anyway, Tank, man, that snow is one thing, but the temps! Heard on the radio today it is -45 with the wind chill. That's almost 100 degrees colder than here!!!!!! God bless you fools who live there.
bartok Wrote:
kids still do all of this around here.  $20 or so for a driveway.  $10 or so to mow.  we still got the hardcore blue collar here.
Skipper the cigar aFISHinodo Wrote:
bartok Wrote:

they do where I live. I used to charge $2. Today they ask for $50!!!

I laugh and do it myself.

Anyway, Tank, man, that snow is one thing, but the temps! Heard on the radio today it is -45 with the wind chill. That's almost 100 degrees colder than here!!!!!! God bless you fools who live there.

Kids here shovel but with the deep, compacted drifts, its just too damn hard.   The snowblowers have a hard time with the compactness not to mention that drifts are higher than the blower.   It take time!

And the cold.   Sheesh, lows tonight of 30 below WITHOUT windchill.   Even the devil fears North Dakota this time of year.   Time to sin!  [lol]
good christ is all i can say and be careful big d.

and what was all that hoopla about global warming lol.
Omg tank thats some crazy stuff right there bro wow
I started the sit down video.....The Transporter!!
Rob The Long Island Cowboy Wrote:good christ is all i can say and be careful big d.

and what was all that hoopla about global warming lol.

Thanks Rob,

The town was just getting going very late today as plows started working.   The snows and winds died down and we had the sun bright as bright.   With no clouds.   And the cold sundogs surround the sun.   Yeah it was 18 below most of the day.

My buddies and I sat in my B&M since noon drinking and smoking cigars.   I just got home and the fireplace is going and I am going to sit tight and watch football. 
Wow.. be safe.  I remember those cold MN days well.  Some scary stuff man
madurodave Wrote:Wow.. be safe.  I remember those cold MN days well.  Some scary stuff man

What is scarier?   The ND cold or my frozen brain?    [lol]
Looks like a little snow has fallen at your place Tankman,just keep it over there!We don't want none!