Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My wife is pregnant!
My wife and I are expecting our first child in July (HOORAY! [happy]).  So I figure I am going to need an awesome celebration cigar to smoke when the baby is born.  Since I want to make sure that I really like the cigar that I smoke that day, I think it is time to start smoking a whole slew of awesome sticks between now and July (pretty good logic right?).   Anyway, I need you guys to help me build a list of cigars worthy of such a special occasion.  I am thinking that a list of around a dozen should suffice.  As for the cigars to hand out, I saw that Davidoff makes "It's a boy/girl" cigars in their special series, which is a Davidoff I have had and enjoyed.  I will probably go that route.

Thanks in advance,
Brad
Congrats![winner] And you really can't go wrong with a Padron Anniversary/
LFD, A. Fuente Opus X, Padron Anniversarys, God of Fire, Cohiba (the "illegal" kind).

ive head stradivarius (sp?) are good and they are about $30 a stick, never had them though.

Congrats!  You better get smoking, wanna find the best one for the occasion.
Padron 80th Natties, Don Carlos de Anniversario Toro, God of Fire, Ashton ESG 20-year...just to name a few.

If you go with the Don Carlos Annis, you could shell out some $$$ and get about 25-30 of them all in the same year (2009) and smoke one a year until your child is old enough to smoke one with you...or you can enjoy them annually on their birthday and maybe one for the wedding as well.

Alternatively, you could also just call our friend Robbie and order 4 boxes of the Padron 80th and do the same thing.  YOU will know what year you bought them!  Same thing with the Ashton ESGs...though buying 30 of those might be a bit more difficult!

Congrats!
MaduroAccountant Wrote:Padron 80th Natties, Don Carlos de Anniversario Toro, God of Fire, Ashton ESG 20-year...just to name a few.

If you go with the Don Carlos Annis, you could shell out some $$$ and get about 25-30 of them all in the same year (2009) and smoke one a year until your child is old enough to smoke one with you...or you can enjoy them annually on their birthday and maybe one for the wedding as well.

Alternatively, you could also just call our friend Robbie and order 4 boxes of the Padron 80th and do the same thing.  YOU will know what year you bought them!  Same thing with the Ashton ESGs...though buying 30 of those might be a bit more difficult!

Congrats!

Great ideas.  I never even considered the whole annual celebration idea, or the 18th birthday smoke.  Everyone keeps saying a kid is going to be expensive, I had no clue what it could cost in just cigars!  But, this is a very cool idea, and I am probably going to have to pursue it. 

Thanks!
Brad
doubled Wrote:Congrats![winner] And you really can't go wrong with a Padron Anniversary/
This us the way to go and congrats.
They call me The Mum - Jimmie the Mum
Viva Mumcero - Mahk 12/4/2010 - http://www.stogiechat.com/forum/thread-20737.html
Honorary Shield Brother
Weak people seek Revenge, Strong people Forgive, Intelligent people Ignore
Congrats!!!  Have you considered a God of Fire?
[user=569]Jimmie the Mum[/user] wrote:
Quote:
doubled Wrote:Congrats![winner] And you really can't go wrong with a Padron Anniversary/
This us the way to go and congrats.

[irish1] Way to go buddy! Congrats! Oh yeah, and what they said.
Congrats man!![bravo2][bravo2][winner]

As a few have already said, you might try the Padron annis, Ashton ESG, Opus X. Something along those lines.
Congrats on the good news!

My recommendation... Padron 80th Anniversary [cigar]
Never argue with an idiot. They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

[Image: UserBar1.jpg]