Poll: Bout #2
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Nogueira in an early decisive victory
0%
0 0%
Nogueira by decision
0%
0 0%
Mir in an early decisive victory
14.29%
1 14.29%
Mir by decision
85.71%
6 85.71%
Total 7 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
UFC 92 NOG vs MIR
i'm perplexed as to why Brock the great wrestler seldom uses any wrestling skills in the ring. So many missed opportunities for chokes, armbars and more. He just wants to pound.

This is why I say Mir. He has a better toolbox.
we'll find out in a few hours

http://www.ufc.com/index.cfm?fa=eventDetail.FightCard&eid=1782
Mir dominated from the start.   3 punch combos the entire first round.  Noguiere had one good jab counter and checked two leg kicks.   Other than that it was a schooling by Mir who's standup and boxing were impressive.

Mir knocked him down 3 times in the first round and staggered him a couple more times.  During one stagger Mir just threw Noguiere down and hammered home some big bombs.

In the second round Mir pummelled him and the ref stopped the fight.   It was not even close.

Great call guys!   8/8 called it.
[thumbsup] i cant wait to see it.
Skipper the cigar aFISHinodo Wrote:i'm perplexed as to why Brock the great wrestler seldom uses any wrestling skills in the ring. So many missed opportunities for chokes, armbars and more. He just wants to pound.

[thumbsup] spot on.  and it's because technique always wins out against brawn.  it's what the arts were designed to do plain and simple.  and why the direction of this federation is so disturbing as it moves away from technique and towards banging. 

as for the fight.  nogueira is simply unimpressive.  sorry.  going back to his pride days.  his resume is a who's who of has beens and never wases.  he benefits more from the time period he fought in and his heritage than anything else.   i mean heath herring beat him around.  fedor crushed him.  tim sylvia beat him up pretty bad.  mir is a schooled, disciplined fighter if not overly blessed with god given talent.  very similar to herring with more talent.  given the opportunity he can deconstruct any fighter.    it will be hilarious to see if he can submit brock again. this way we can put lesnar in the trash with kimbo slice.
Rob The Long Island Cowboy Wrote:
Skipper the cigar aFISHinodo Wrote:i'm perplexed as to why Brock the great wrestler seldom uses any wrestling skills in the ring. So many missed opportunities for chokes, armbars and more. He just wants to pound.

[thumbsup] spot on.  and it's because technique always wins out against brawn.  it's what the arts were designed to do plain and simple.  and why the direction of this federation is so disturbing as it moves away from technique and towards banging. 

as for the fight.  nogueira is simply unimpressive.  sorry.  going back to his pride days.  his resume is a who's who of has beens and never wases.  he benefits more from the time period he fought in and his heritage than anything else.   i mean heath herring beat him around.  fedor crushed him.  tim sylvia beat him up pretty bad.  mir is a schooled, disciplined fighter if not overly blessed with god given talent.  very similar to herring with more talent.  given the opportunity he can deconstruct any fighter.    it will be hilarious to see if he can submit brock again. this way we can put lesnar in the trash with kimbo slice.
see if he can submit brock again. this way we can put lesnar in the trash with kimbo slice.
can't agree more Rob[bravo2]
I started the sit down video.....The Transporter!!