Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
"Other" Taxes
I said this a long time ago....    The more they tax and regulate tobacco the less smokers around to pay the tax.   Eventually the states will seek other ways to fund their offices.   Looks like NY is in the mainstream again, but now focused on sugar loaded drinks.

http://www.cnn.com/2008/HEALTH/12/18/paterson.obesity/index.html

"Our tax would apply only to sugared drinks -- including fruit drinks that are less than 70 percent juice -- that are nondiet. The $404 million this tax would raise next year will go toward funding public health programs, including obesity prevention programs, across New York state.

The surgeon general estimates that obesity was associated with 112,000 deaths in the United States every year. Here in New York state, we spend almost $6.1 billion on health care related to adult obesity -- the second-highest level of spending in the nation."

(sounds like the same exact pitch they gave on tobacco a few years ago, just change sugared drinks to tobacco!  lol!)

Next will be coffee.

I wonder WHICH artificial sweetener company contributed heavily to his campaign fund?  

Many of these fake sugars are not good for you.  With his tax on real sugar drinks, parents will buy the alternative to save money...especially with todays hard economic times.

I refuse to give my daughter anything that is "diet" for fear that it will cause problems later.   Little kids are developing their body and have less resistance to these chemicals.  Just like the melimine in baby formula over in China...it would not do much damage to an adult, but it killed many children.

So NY says to give artifical sweeteners to young kids to fight obesity or pay a tax.   Then you find that 10 years down the road you poisoned your kids with cancer causing saccharin, Neotame, Sucalose, or Aspartame.   They test this crap on animals.  I wonder IF they test it on baby rats too?
I saw this also.   There is even talk about taxing "fast food". 
I think if you want to run for public office you should automatically be disqualified.

Not that i'm a big France fan but they just started to deregulate their whole system and they are flourishing in these tough times.
The do gooders will tax all that is bad.[police]

I think they should tax all the people who wear there pants down around thighs.

[Image: blogsaggy-1.jpg]

I'm just getting really tired of being sick and tired. Our government sucks.

1995 they reinstated the death penalty in New York. Thirteen years later not one person has been convicted and sentenced to death. Tells me they just fluffed the majority of voters who where in favor of reinstating the death penalty. Yet they won't try anyone to appease  the voters who are against it.

I find it hard to believe there wasn't one crime committed in the last thirteen years deserving of the death penalty.  
fishhound Wrote:The do gooders will tax all that is bad.[police]

1995 they reinstated the death penalty in New York. Thirteen years later not one person has been convicted and sentenced to death. Tells me they just fluffed the majority of voters who where in favor of reinstating the death penalty. Yet they won't try anyone to appease  the voters who are against it.

I find it hard to believe there wasn't one crime committed in the last thirteen years deserving of the death penalty.  

How many are sleeping with the fishes thanks to The Firm?  Tongue
US_Tank Wrote:
fishhound Wrote:The do gooders will tax all that is bad.[police]

[color="red"]How many are sleeping with the fishes thanks to The Firm?[/color]  Tongue
What is this "Firm" you speak of?
Another thing they should tax Spandex pants in sizes 10 and larger.[thumbsup]
fishhound Wrote:[color="red"]Another thing they should tax Spandex pants in sizes 10 and larger[/color].[thumbsup]
Apparently you've been to Wal-Mart.   Could you also throw in a law making it illegal to wear a shirt that is 4 sizes to small, while carrying a gut 10 sizes to big ??
aka: The Bouncer
"I Herfed with The Mum" !! And have the shirt to prove it !!!!
I got my "Big Cock t-shirt from Tankie !!!
Fishound, Tank,

Please go watch "The Boondock Saints" and let me know what you think.  I'm also sick and tired of being sick and tired, and have been looking for a new occupation.  We can start with Microsoft Xbox warranty dept, and work our way from there.  

I'll be here [thumbsup]
Vitamin G Wrote:Fishound, Tank,

Please go watch "The Boondock Saints" and let me know what you think.  I'm also sick and tired of being sick and tired, and have been looking for a new occupation.  We can start with Microsoft Xbox warranty dept, and work our way from there.  

I'll be here [thumbsup]
Great Movie, probably in my all time ten.