Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hows everyone's New Years???
We will probably just lay low...  cigars and a drink or two for me...

Hanging with the family.   The kids and I always do New Year's shots of Cocoa Cola at midnight. 

Since wife hate cigars I will send the kids downstairs at about 9pm to play some Halo3.   I can get me some from 9-10 then I am free to fire up a cigar or three from 10-1am.  [thumbsup]
Not A Nice Person Wrote:I'll be up at my best friend Odsman's haus in San Antonio . . . he and his dad are roasting a pig, and I'm bringing mead and cigars. We do this every year. [thumbsup]

NANP™
[cigar]
I wonder which ones your brining?Big Grin
They call me The Mum - Jimmie the Mum
Viva Mumcero - Mahk 12/4/2010 - http://www.stogiechat.com/forum/thread-20737.html
Honorary Shield Brother
Weak people seek Revenge, Strong people Forgive, Intelligent people Ignore
Heading to the beach house. Cocktails at a friend's, then dinner out, then drinks at another house. All within a mile of our place. Breakfeast in the moring at another house.
They call me The Mum - Jimmie the Mum
Viva Mumcero - Mahk 12/4/2010 - http://www.stogiechat.com/forum/thread-20737.html
Honorary Shield Brother
Weak people seek Revenge, Strong people Forgive, Intelligent people Ignore
Not A Nice Person Wrote:[user=1205]SmokyOneKenobi[/user] wrote:
Quote:
Not A Nice Person Wrote:I I'm bringing mead and cigars. [thumbsup]

NANP™
[cigar]
That is something I have always wanted to try.....I might have to get some soon.  Is it sweet?

Usually. Chaucer's, which is what you usually see for sale commercially, is horribly over-sweet. Rocky Mountain Meadery and White Winter meads are both mildly sweet, and excellent. Scarboroughs is Texas-made and semisweet and very good.

I brew my own, and generally shoot for "mildly sweet." Very easy to do---bigass bottle, honey, yeast, time, patience. That's pretty much it. This year's big batch is a metheglin, brewed with Horny Goat Weed tea. No, really. [lol]

It's outstanding stuff. Got the sweetness factor just right, and the tea adds a sort of cinnamon-like flavor.

NANP™
[cigar]

Redstone Meadery is also a decent commercial Mead, it comes in a blue bottle...

But homebrewed is the way to go, most of the time... Tongue
I've got some Grant (BrewGnome) gave me last week to try out... [thumbsup]

Well be at Ole Stogie for New Years... With Mead and Wassal... Big Grin
"HAVE LONGSHIP, WILL HERF!!!"
friends and family over.  some cherry bombs, funny hats and we will call it a HAPPY NEW YEAR!!  Out with the old, in with the new!