Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Stogiechat Fantasy Football Keeper Rules
SmokyOneKenobi Wrote:I vote for Mark's keeper strategy...It really benefits those who find a diamond in the rough.  You get to keep that particular player until they progress annually to the 1st round.  If you drafted them latter rounds and they blow up, you only lose a late round pick...you can build a powerhouse team if you do it right.

Thats what I like about it as well.  It works great in the other league I'm in, whereas if everyone just got to keep one player of their choosing it would most likely be their 1st round pick every time.  Not very fun that way.

And yes, the 3 WR's was a mistake, there was only supposed to be two.
Viva Lancero!

"Spokesd!ck"
SmokyOneKenobi Wrote:
Rob The Long Island Cowboy Wrote:
madurodave Wrote:Please consider dropping the .05 pts for completions, IDPs, return yards.
good points here.  and the stupid bonuses for 100 yards rushing.  150 yeards receiving etc.
I suggest we add 2 more teams to make it more competitive
I know Mario wants in next season, so we would only have to get one more, most likely MikeD or Colby.
Viva Lancero!

"Spokesd!ck"
good job guys. looking great mark.  ditto on the using marks strategy.  need some incentive too.....  maybe $20.00 head or, more appropriate, a fiverWink  I need to send ashman's out next week.

Mark Wrote:
SmokyOneKenobi Wrote:
madurodave Wrote:Please consider dropping the .05 pts for completions, IDPs, return yards.
good points here.  and the stupid bonuses for 100 yards rushing.  150 yeards receiving etc.
I know Mario wants in next season, so we would only have to get one more, most likely MikeD or Colby.
why not both......unless the SilverTips plan on playing again....[lol]
SmokyOneKenobi Wrote:
Mark Wrote:
SmokyOneKenobi Wrote:
why not both......unless the SilverTips plan on playing again....[lol]
Because I'm sure Rob will want his own team next season instead of co-managing with Jan.
Viva Lancero!

"Spokesd!ck"
SmokyOneKenobi Wrote:
US_Tank Wrote:
madurodave Wrote:
yes, no bonuses.

And drop the damn flex players. 

I would like to keep the Rb/WR flex, but the WR/TE flex is pretty much useless considering there are only a handfull of TE worthy of playing anyway.

QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, WR/RB, TE, K, Def...I really like this setup
sounds good to me.
Rob, two questions:

1. You want your own team next season or staying with Jan?

2. Which Keeper rules do ya want?
Viva Lancero!

"Spokesd!ck"
I have never played with the waiver system.   Do you guys like it?   The leagues I play in the transactions stop once the games of the week begin.   Tuesday morning first come first serve.   I kind of like it that way myself. 

Not knowing waivers, I dropped Chicago's defense when they were on a bye.   I went back early to pick them up only to see that JoeBob picked them up on waivers.   I was like WTF? 

Can we drop waivers?
US_Tank Wrote:I have never played with the waiver system.   Do you guys like it?   The leagues I play in the transactions stop once the games of the week begin.   Tuesday morning first come first serve.   I kind of like it that way myself. 

Not knowing waivers, I dropped Chicago's defense when they were on a bye.   I went back early to pick them up only to see that JoeBob picked them up on waivers.   I was like WTF? 

Can we drop waivers?
Waivers is the most fair way to do it.
Viva Lancero!

"Spokesd!ck"
Mark Wrote:
US_Tank Wrote:I have never played with the waiver system.   Do you guys like it?   The leagues I play in the transactions stop once the games of the week begin.   Tuesday morning first come first serve.   I kind of like it that way myself. 

Can we drop waivers?
Waivers is the most fair way to do it.

Fair is getting your young ass up at 7am and getting your players back.  Tongue