Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What do you do with the bands
First of all "Happy New Year" to everyone.  Been out of commission for awhile and dropped in tonight to see what's  up.

I was looking through the "mancave" thread and noticed Tank had a bunch of bands on his table which got me thinking [Image: idea.gif] , what do you do with your bands?

I have been saving mine and am thinking about putting together a couple of framed collages to give to my sons, they are cigar smokers and think they would really like it.  Thinking about giving them each one for their b-days.

What do you do with yours?  What other ideas are out there that could make a cool gift, not totally set on the collage so looking for ideas.

Thanks in advance
Making a collage, lol.

Great minds think alike
On another forum I saw someone make a poker table and shellacked all different bands throughout, it was an AWESOME idea and it looked great.
I keep all mine until I decide what to do with them.   Paul (PO) made a bar and glued all his bands to the top.   Then he applied a clear coat of laqueur to it.   It looks amazing.   I am sure somebody here can find a link to it.
US_Tank Wrote:I keep all mine until I decide what to do with them.   Paul (PO) made a bar and glued all his bands to the top.   Then he applied a clear coat of laqueur to it.   It looks amazing.   I am sure somebody here can find a link to it.
Here is the link to the bar http://www.stogiechat.com/cigar-forum/vi...Po%27s+bar

I have been saving mine and will probably end up framing a collage, but that bar is BAD A$$!
Man that bar looks sweet, only problem is having to cut it in half for my two sons and they might not appreciate that!

Vitamin G-  have any pics you can share of your project?
I got a journal and glued them in and made comments of the cigar and the occasion.
Freakin' ray of sunshine, ain't I.
     Same as Tank, here.  I've been saving mine, but I still have no idea what I might end up doing with them.  -PO-'s bar is great!  I've seen a poker table that was trimmed in cigar bands (not sure if it was here or not).  
Cblack2 Wrote:On another forum I saw someone make a poker table and shellacked all different bands throughout, it was an AWESOME idea and it looked great.
That is a great idea    [thumbsup]
SEND THEM TO ME!!!!! for my friend who makes these....

[Image: Dakotabomb005.jpg]

[Image: Dakotabomb004.jpg]

[Image: rnbsign2008004.jpg]