Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
strong cedar smell
I recently bought a new humi off of ebay.  The cedar aroma is pretty strong.  Do you think this could ruin my cigars if it is not really spanish cedar, but some other kind?
most people like the addition of cedar in cigars. Let it air out for a bit before stocking it. Also, when you do add cigars, try just 1 or 2 for a week or 2, then smoke it or them and you tell us.

What color is the cedar? Can you take pictures?
nocsious Wrote:I recently bought a new humi off of ebay.  The cedar aroma is pretty strong.  Do you think this could ruin my cigars if it is not really spanish cedar, but some other kind?
Hopefully its Spanish cedar...the other is actually NOT good for you.   Was it a brand name humi, or something that someone made?
I bought it off ebay and they appear to sell lots of them.  Surely it's from China.  Here is a link http://cgi.ebay.com/CIGAR-HUMIDOR-100-ct-LUXURY-WOOD-WITH-TOBACCO-LEAF-PIC_W0QQitemZ380093958937QQcmdZViewItemQQptZCollectibles_Tobacciana?hash=item380093958937&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=72%3A1205|66%3A2|65%3A12|39%3A1|240%3A1318|301%3A1|293%3A1|294%3A50
nocsious Wrote:I bought it off ebay and they appear to sell lots of them.  Surely it's from China.  Here is a link http://cgi.ebay.com/CIGAR-HUMIDOR-100-ct-LUXURY-WOOD-WITH-TOBACCO-LEAF-PIC_W0QQitemZ380093958937QQcmdZViewItemQQptZCollectibles_Tobacciana?hash=item380093958937&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=72%3A1205|66%3A2|65%3A12|39%3A1|240%3A1318|301%3A1|293%3A1|294%3A50

Made in China?  Doubtful.
"As a dry cigar will smoke unevenly, burn too quickly, adversely affect the taste and can unravel; As a moist cigar can be impossible to light on difficult to smoke without constant relighting, proper cigar storage is crucial. Due to this humidor you can store your cigars in optimal conditions."

Big Grin

Probably not a big deal.  The smell should fade a bit after a while.  Unless its the wrong cedar.  Confusedhock:
Nah I'm sure you're fine.

and in time, there's a chance you'll WANT that ceder to be a part of your cigars.
I bought from the same company, a 300ct model.  Trust me, its NOT too much cedar.  It'll fade rather quickly.  My shelves were cardboard, with some cedar veneer.
If its the same one I bought only the dividers are cedar.   I got it about 2 years ago.   To send it back it would have cost me as much as I paid to actually send it. 
I've thought about getting this same humi a few times.....My current <50 humi is just about tapped, and wanted the extra room.....Think I'll wait and see. Surely, you'll give us a full review in a month or so???Wink
~ 2010- The year I was "showered" with gifts from my SC Brothers.

Gratitude is when memories are stored in the heart, and not in the mind. Our hearts will not forget.
The interior is not all cedar.  There is no cardboard at all.  It seals pretty good when I drop the lid there is a nice whoosh of air.  I'm satisfied with it for the price as long as it does not ruin my cigars.  It seems to hit a sweet spot around 65% humidity without to much trouble.