Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Smoking etiquette
Ok, Ok. A guy's gotta fit in, is this right?

Attached Files Image(s)

crowb8 Wrote:
Bobgun Wrote:I'm not too concerned if the band is on or not, however,  I always make sure that when I smoke in public that my little finger is up in the air.Smile
Do I have it right, Bobgun?[lol]

That's right. (Your first picture) It's that etiquette thing.   But maybe just a little more curl in the finger. Not quite so straight. 
Freakin' ray of sunshine, ain't I.
Bobgun Wrote:
crowb8[/user Wrote:wrote: [/b]
Quote:[b][user=65]Bobgun]I'm not too concerned if the band is on or not, however,  I always make sure that when I smoke in public that my little finger is up in the air.Smile
Do I have it right, Bobgun?[lol]
Quote: 

That's right. (Your first picture) It's that etiquette thing.   But maybe just a little more curl in the finger. Not quite so straight. 
Quote:
Quote:Oh, I see. Is this what you mean? Now, nobody's gonna laugh at me, are they?

Attached Files Image(s)

Matt-N-Ga. Wrote:I never knew this would even be a question.  I guess I don't understand why it would matter.  I smoke what I like, if the people I'm smoking with don't like it, they don't have to smoke it.  I can't see why there would be an "etiquette" reason why you'd take the band off. 

Not trying to be an ass, so in answer to your question, i leave the band on unless it gets in the way of comfortable smoking. 
While your attitude is probably the general attitude of most American's, you might find that when traveling abroad this issue does become quite important in some countries.  In Spain, for example, it is considered boastful and rude to leave the band on, as though you are trying to show off what you smoke.  That is true in many countries.  In many other countries, much like the U.S., it is considered unsociable to take the band off, as leaving it on may help spark up a conversation with a fellow cigar smoker passing by.  Then there are countries like the U.S. where most people really don't care.  Whenever traveling to a foriegn country where cigar smoking is popular, read up on the etiquette in THAT country, otherwise, don't worry too much about it.  Just some food for thought from some of my experiences, including good conversations as well as bad looks, depending on where I was at Tongue
[Image: CRA_ambassador_seal-smaller.jpg]
Join CRA Today! Click Above!
[Image: RobbieofCordova-2.gif]
Robbie Wrote:
Matt-N-Ga. Wrote:I never knew this would even be a question.  I guess I don't understand why it would matter.  I smoke what I like, if the people I'm smoking with don't like it, they don't have to smoke it.  I can't see why there would be an "etiquette" reason why you'd take the band off. 

Not trying to be an ass, so in answer to your question, i leave the band on unless it gets in the way of comfortable smoking. 
While your attitude is probably the general attitude of most American's, you might find that when traveling abroad this issue does become quite important in some countries.  In Spain, for example, it is considered boastful and rude to leave the band on, as though you are trying to show off what you smoke.  That is true in many countries.  In many other countries, much like the U.S., it is considered unsociable to take the band off, as leaving it on may help spark up a conversation with a fellow cigar smoker passing by.  Then there are countries like the U.S. where most people really don't care.  Whenever traveling to a foriegn country where cigar smoking is popular, read up on the etiquette in THAT country, otherwise, don't worry too much about it.  Just some food for thought from some of my experiences, including good conversations as well as bad looks, depending on where I was at Tongue
Great info!
Robbie Wrote:

Thanks Robbie, that's what I was looking for. And by the way, (smiling) what about the pinkie waving?
Real men just smoke the band [cigar]
I really don't care what people think of me!  :?