Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Treasury Secretary Henry Paulson is out

Thank Fing God!  It's a damn shame because he was probably one of the most qualified on the planet.  Except he was deap in Goldman and didn't forget his buds when he passed out our 750 Billion that was to buy back bad home loans and others to keep us going and stop the freefall. What a PLICK                                    "I changed my mind"  COCKSCHUCKER!

http://biz.yahoo.com/ap/090121/treasury_geithner.html

Here we go aging with the new guy. With economic crisis deepening, Obama hopes for quick Senate okay of Geithner at Treasury

With the country facing a worsening economic crisis, President Barack Obama is hoping to win quick approval of his choice of Timothy Geithner to be Treasury secretary, but first Geithner has to explain how he missed paying $34,000 in payroll taxes earlier in the decade.

He just FORGOT to pay $34.000 in taxes????   "why are most money people crooks" Is this just another admin of FING theives?

We cross our bridges when we come to them and burn them behind us, with nothing to show for our progress except a memory of the smell of smoke, and a presumption that once our eyes watered.

this is good.........right?  Paulson made my skin crawl.  I was offended back in the fall when he was pounding the podium that the $750 billion was needed IMMEDIATELY.  He was acting like the crisis happened overnight, and if we didn't act yesterday the world would come to an end.  He was also against ANY oversight of appropriation of the funds.  Of course the replacement will probably come from the same pool of cronies.  [doh]
Its always political Terry!   Appointing one person like this in charge of so much money is a very dangerous proposition.
[Image: power.jpg]
OMG, he said he was FING sorry?  We would be in prison. This is just wrong.

Geithner apologizes for failing to pay $34,000 in taxes, moves closer to treasury confirmation

WASHINGTON (AP) -- Timothy Geithner apologized to Congress Wednesday for what he called "careless mistakes" in failing to pay $34,000 in taxes and moved closer to confirmation as treasury secretary and the Obama administration's point man in reviving the economy. 
While some Republican lawmakers questioned whether Geithner was being forthright in the explanation of his tax errors, he appeared to have sufficient support to win approval from the Senate Finance Committee.

We cross our bridges when we come to them and burn them behind us, with nothing to show for our progress except a memory of the smell of smoke, and a presumption that once our eyes watered.

:? that's messed up
tafdom Wrote:OMG, he said he was FING sorry?  We would be in prison. This is just wrong.

Geithner apologizes for failing to pay $34,000 in taxes, moves closer to treasury confirmation

WASHINGTON (AP) -- Timothy Geithner apologized to Congress Wednesday for what he called "careless mistakes" in failing to pay $34,000 in taxes and moved closer to confirmation as treasury secretary and the Obama administration's point man in reviving the economy. 
While some Republican lawmakers questioned whether Geithner was being forthright in the explanation of his tax errors, he appeared to have sufficient support to win approval from the Senate Finance Committee.

If he farks up the this bad with $34k how bad will he fark up $34billion in taxpayer money.   Not to mention 934billion.
SmokyOneKenobi Wrote:Paulson made my skin crawl.  I was offended back in the fall when he was pounding the podium that the $750 billion was needed IMMEDIATELY.  He was acting like the crisis happened overnight, and if we didn't act yesterday the world would come to an end.  He was also against ANY oversight of appropriation of the funds. 
Anytime people act like a drastic solution to an obviously longstanding problem needs to be addressed by extreme measures "immediately", you know you are about to get screwed.  Or, you at least know that the people pushing the extreme measures assume that you wouldn't accept the measures if you had a chance to think things through with a clear head.

One of the main causes of this phenomenon is that people are prone to panic.  Unfortunately, they are not principled thinkers.  They are instead situational thinkers.  That allows them to be talked into all sorts of things that can be made appear to be reasonable but are in actuality a colossal mistake.  Far too few people say to themselves, "Does this plan fit with my basic beliefs in freedom, individual responsibility, etc.?"  They also don't say, "Does this plan make sense, have I considered the likely consequences, etc.?" Instead they say, "That sounds good to me." and they don't give it a second thought.

We need to give out hundreds of billion dollars that we have to borrow in order to fix every problem you have told me we have?  ... Sounds good to me!

Brad