Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
This may be the scareiest thing yet
http://uk.reuters.com/article/UKNews1/idUKTRE5121V720090203
Quote:ADDIS ABABA (Reuters)- Iran said its first domestically made satellite, launched into orbit Tuesday, was for peaceful purposes only and that all nations should benefit from such technology.

Iran announced the launch of its first satellite earlier on Tuesday at a time of persistent international tension over its nuclear program.

"Iran's satellite technology is for purely peaceful purposes and to meet the needs of the country," Iranian Foreign Minister Manouchehr Mottaki told a news conference on the sidelines of an African Union summit in Addis Ababa.

Tehran launched the Omid (Hope) satellite as it marks the 30th anniversary of the 1979 Islamic revolution this month.

"Satellites are a very essential means of gathering environmental data, climate data ... and lots of necessary information that we need for technological, agricultural and economic projects," Mottaki said.

The long-range ballistic technology used to put satellites into orbit can also be used for launching weapons, although Iran says it has no plans to do so.

Mottaki said Iran believed the latest technologies should be available to all states.

"The difference between our country and some countries which have these capacities is that we believe science belongs to all humanity," he said. "Some people believe that advanced technologies belong to some countries exclusively." 
"Satellites are a very essential means of gathering environmental data, climate data ... and lots of necessary information that we need for technological, agricultural and economic projects,"  They are in a freaken desert!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/middle_east/7866742.stm

OK, Nukes and satelites controlled by one of the most violent, backwards, hateful, misguided countries in the world.

&...

Obama:
Quote:"My job is to communicate to the American people that the Muslim world is filled with extraordinary people who simply want to live their lives and see their children live better lives," Obama said in the interview. "My job to the Muslim world is to communicate that the Americans are not your enemy. We sometimes make mistakes. We have not been perfect."
& what was it he said about lifting sanctions against Iran in favor of talking. I believe there was a direct comment about the bush/sanctions not working.
I wish i could say this shocks me.

The real scary part for me, is our own government policy toward radical islam.  One of the better analogies i've heard, is from "Independance Day" when President (Bill Pullman) Whatshisname asks the captured alien, "Can there be a peace between us?  What do you want us to do???"

The alien responds, "DIE!"

Yeah, lets "establish a dialogue" and "open up lines of communication" while they move some big ass ships around and get ready to laser beam us to death.
Remember there is a great deal of sand in Iran. We could turn the whole country into a big glass solar panel and supply energy for the United States.
mycigarlink Wrote:Remember there is a great deal of sand in Iran. We could turn the whole country into a big glass solar panel and supply energy for the United States.
[thumbsup][lol][usa]
mycigarlink Wrote:Remember there is a great deal of sand in Iran. We could turn the whole country into a big glass solar panel and supply energy for the United States.
You shall be my Secretary of Offense after i take everything over...
Or we could take that big piece of glass and roll it over the top of Iraq just like a little kid, a magnifying glass, and some ants. Muahaha