Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
CAO MX2 Dagger (Long post)
As I wandered around my local B&M I was looking for something new to try. I usually don't do CAO cigars since they tend to be a bit harsh for me. But I saw these on the shelf and decided to give them a shot.
[Image: CAOMX2001.jpg]
[Image: CAOMX2002.jpg]
These little cigars are 4 X 36 ring gauge and with a double Maduro wrapper.

[Image: CAOMX2003.jpg]

Construction is very good. No big veins and a nice, pleasant aroma.

[Image: CAOMX2004.jpg]

These lit very easily with a match and I instantly could taste the chocolate aroma of the maduro wrapper. Burn was, nice slow and even.

[Image: CAOMX2005.jpg]

At this point I was getting some hints of Dried Oregon cherries, okay maybe not dried Oregon, but definitely I was reminded of cherries. [Image: lol.gif]

[Image: CAOMX2006.jpg]

Burn was even and no hint of harshness. The first third of the cigar was very nice.

[Image: CAOMX2007.jpg]

The ash was firm and by now I definitely was getting a good woodsy flavor out of it. This was also a very strong cigar; full bodied and flavorful.

[Image: CAOMX2008.jpg]

My first problem just showed up. I took off the band and found this gaping hole in the wrapper. There was no leaf on the wrapper so I figure it came this way.

[Image: CAOMX2009.jpg]

Towards the end I was getting a little bit of spice but nothing too strong.

[Image: CAOMX2010.jpg]

I pretty much ended the smoke with it about 1/2 to 3/4 of inch long. The flavors were very good throughout and, other than the hole in the wrapper, I was very satisfied with it. I will be getting more of these smokes. 9.0 out of 10. Not bad, not bad at all.
Nice review Tred, great pics.  I'm not a big CAO fan, but these and the LX2's have been very good IMHO.
aka: The Bouncer
"I Herfed with The Mum" !! And have the shirt to prove it !!!!
I got my "Big Cock t-shirt from Tankie !!!
Thanks for the review. The Mx2 used to be my go to smoke, I have since moved on but I still enjoy one once in awhile. I have never tried the size you reviewed. I may have to look them up the next time I am at the B&M. [thumbsup]
THanks for the review!! I used to eat the Mx2's up!!! I would at least smoke 1 a week. I found these last summer and man just as good as their big brother. Really a good smoke!
nice review............[thumbsup]  I'd like to try one of those.
Got some from my girlfriend (an AWESOME Valentine's gift). The one I had was very good and stronger than I had expected.
"For the man who takes success with ease"
Thanks for the awesome review and the excellent pictures.   The CAO MX2 has always been a good smoke in my view.  I have never heard it described the way you did and now I want one.

I may have to try these little daggers for sure!   Thanks again!   Smile
Good review. I smoked an MX2 last night. I had some slight burn issues but overall it's a solid smoke.

Thanks for the review.