Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Problem with Cigar Oasis
ruggy with all that in there you're rh not getting to 60 is awfully strange. 

1.  pitch  the gel things.  they're petrie dishes that will eventually and unfailingly develop mold.

2.  if possible put your sticks in sealed ziplocks or a coolerdor and re-season your humi. 

sounds like the box maybe dried out with the cold?  just my .02.
Rob The Long Island Cowboy Wrote:ruggy with all that in there you're rh not getting to 60 is awfully strange. 

1.  pitch  the gel things.  they're petrie dishes that will eventually and unfailingly develop mold.

2.  if possible put your sticks in sealed ziplocks or a coolerdor and re-season your humi. 

Good idea....also, how accurate are the hygros? :?
If Sonny had EZ-Pass, he'd have survived that hit...
Never apologize mister, it's a sign of weakness. - Capt. Nathan Cutting Brittles
Tonto The Long Island Sidekick Wrote:
Rob The Long Island Cowboy Wrote:ruggy with all that in there you're rh not getting to 60 is awfully strange. 

i think that was suggested above. 

1.  you need a digital hygro.

2.  you need to salt test it asap.
Rob The Long Island Cowboy Wrote:
Tonto The Long Island Sidekick Wrote:

i think that was suggested above. 

1.  you need a digital hygro.

2.  you need to salt test it asap.

Sorry...missed it....

I have 2 of the new adjustable digitals....they work fine!
If Sonny had EZ-Pass, he'd have survived that hit...
Never apologize mister, it's a sign of weakness. - Capt. Nathan Cutting Brittles
All the hygos are digital.  The temp is up from around 30 to around 60.  The basement is around 60 too, so I am not sure if that has any effect on it.  The humidor in the family room is around 64.  What is the salt test?  There are boxes of cigars in there.  Close to 750 cigars.  Not sure if I have the room for them in my fridge.  I also only heat the rooms in the house that are actually used.  If the room (or basement) is not used, then the heat is off.  Normal temp. without heat is around 60 - 67.  Goes up to 70 in the summer.  I have fans and windows open then.  In the summer, the temp. goes up to the late 60's early 70's.
Ruggy Wrote:All the hygos are digital.  The temp is up from around 30 to around 60.  The basement is around 60 too, so I am not sure if that has any effect on it.  The humidor in the family room is around 64.  What is the salt test?  There are boxes of cigars in there.  Close to 750 cigars.  Not sure if I have the room for them in my fridge.  I also only heat the rooms in the house that are actually used.  If the room (or basement) is not used, then the heat is off.  Normal temp. without heat is around 60 - 67.  Goes up to 70 in the summer.  I have fans and windows open then.  In the summer, the temp. goes up to the late 60's early 70's.

1.  google salt test.  it will explain how to do it.

2.  never ever put cigars in the fridge.

3.  from what i know 60 degrees fahrenheit is fine.  it will just slow the aging process a bit.  at 6-67 you're golden.  no worries there.

4.  the co won't help with the temp or anything like that if i've misunderstood. 

i keep my sticks at 62-70 depending upon season and 65% rh.  no ill effects at all.

Ruggy Wrote:All the hygos are digital.  The temp is up from around 30 to around 60.  The basement is around 60 too, so I am not sure if that has any effect on it.  The humidor in the family room is around 64.  What is the salt test?  There are boxes of cigars in there.  Close to 750 cigars.  Not sure if I have the room for them in my fridge.  I also only heat the rooms in the house that are actually used.  If the room (or basement) is not used, then the heat is off.  Normal temp. without heat is around 60 - 67.  Goes up to 70 in the summer.  I have fans and windows open then.  In the summer, the temp. goes up to the late 60's early 70's.

it most certainly does. It is very hard to release water vapor at 60 degrees. That's a little cool.

You can put a few cups or warm water in there, change them daily. Use hot water from the tap--just make sure you dont spill it or use that water in any humidification device or beads. & be patient.

Also, keep a large vessel of water, preferably warm, in the room near by. I'm sure the ambient humidity of the room isn't helping.

Rest assured, as we approach April, your problems are temporary.
I had two of them and had nothing but problems with them so I ditched them for all beads
THEY CALL ME THE SHEPHERD!!! AKA LK HUNTER, FACE BOOK MARIO HUNTER, THE GREAT ONE HUNTER, ETC.