Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
looking for a bigger humidor
scott81425 Wrote:
Tonto The Long Island Sidekick Wrote:You probably want to get one even larger! Big Grin

Many people here have gotten this one from Bargin Humidors, the Antietam Cabinet Humidor, in fact some have 2 of them!

http://www.bargainhumidors.com/bh/ProductInfo.aspx?productid=HUM-BH3

Look for them in the retail section here...they sometimes have sales & specials!
when i made my post about the antietam, i have no idea how in the hell i missed this. my bad tonto, you beat me to it!
HAHA....great minds think alike! Cool
If Sonny had EZ-Pass, he'd have survived that hit...
Never apologize mister, it's a sign of weakness. - Capt. Nathan Cutting Brittles
Thanks fellas. I think for now Ill make a coolador and save some money for something a bit bigger than the pics that I posted, like u guys suggested. Or maybe not save the money and just spend it on some extra boxes to fill the cooler! I want that tower too! That thing is sweet. Now to figerout what boxes to get and where to get the best deal.... Thanks again guys for the advise[thumbsup]
    I might second the motion for a coolidor, unless you're going to buy a cabinet.  As Rob states, you'll be surprised by how your desire to accumulate will eventually exceed the rate at which you smoke.  If you've already outgrown a 100-count, another desktop (even a large one) isn't the answer. 

Coolers afford you the ability to store boxes, and well as singles if you get creative (see photos of my 100-quart setup below).  Even with the cooler purchase, I still advise you to go LARGE!  You'd be surprised - trust me on that one.  I never expected to fill up my cooler, and believe it or not, I'm already at the point where I have to do some shuffling for my next box. 

Unfortunately, coolers are barely attractive, and I understand the desire to proudly display your collection in a nice looking humidor.  In that case, I can't recommend anything more strongly than a decent-sized cabinet.  The price can put you off, but when it's all said and done you'll end up buying several desktops to accommodate your collection - which isn't very cost effective.   

[Image: attachment.php?id=4116]

[Image: attachment.php?id=4115] [Image: attachment.php?id=4114]

Well I ordered a pound of beads and a new dig hygrometer tonight. Gonna go cooler shopping after work tommorow. Ill keep u guys updated. Im excited even tho its just a cooler. Im more excited that I got an excuse to buy a bunch of smokes! [bravo][smokin] I think my girlfriend is gonna be alot less excited tho! haha Still will be looking around for the right deal on a small cabinet aswell but a coolidor will do the job in the mean time. Thanks again guys for all the advise. I hooked to Stogie Chat I must say!! Its a great place.
I got my second desktop from cheaphumidors, and it is a nice unit. I got one of the seconds that they have, and i'll be damned if i can find the blemish on it. Just for kicks, if you check the imperfect area, they have one of the first type that you show there. good way to save a few bucks, and get a sweet humi in the process.
Smokin Nic Wrote:Well I ordered a pound of beads and a new dig hygrometer tonight. Gonna go cooler shopping after work tommorow. Ill keep u guys updated. Im excited even tho its just a cooler. Im more excited that I got an excuse to buy a bunch of smokes! [bravo][smokin] I think my girlfriend is gonna be alot less excited tho! haha Still will be looking around for the right deal on a small cabinet aswell but a coolidor will do the job in the mean time. Thanks again guys for all the advise. I hooked to Stogie Chat I must say!! Its a great place.
     Good deal, Nic!  I'm just waiting for the fiancee to give me grief about the cooler.  When she does, it'll be my excuse to buy a cabinet!  [lol]
I have the humidor in your first pic and can say that I am happy with it. WIth that said and seeing as you already have a traditional wood humidor to smoke out of I think the guys are rite you may be better off with a cooler. It really comes down to what works best for you. A cooler makes for cheap effective storage.