Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A great day
So when I got home from work this morning, I sat down with my new friends at SC and surfed for a while.  I made a list of a few smokes I want to try from your reviews.  I was at the local shop as soon as it opened, with my wallet in hand.  I resisted the urge to get one of everything, but left with a good assortment;  some Olivas, Hoyos, Nubs, and a CAO LX2.  I wanted to try a Cohiba Black and the Cohiba XV, but they only had a gift pack of three, no singles.  When I got home I enjoyed an Oliva Seri O, which was great.  I then changed my latitude with a few cold Coronas.  Later I hit up Target and picked up a wine fridge.  Not sure if its a wineador or a fridgador, but it already seems too small.  I got a 12 bottle.  Think I am going to take it back and get something a little bigger.  My old lady is going to be suprised when she sees it in the kitchen where the microwave used to be.

Went to bed at 5pm, only to get up at 8:30pm for work.  Oh well, if I am going to be tired, it may as well be at work.
I like smoking lightning
I agree you will probably want a bigger on than that. The ones with the thermo-electric cooling make better wineodors for sure. what model did you get?
It is an Emerson.  It's a thermoelectric, temp goes up to 66F.  It was $99, which I thought was ok.  My only complaint aside from it bing too small, is that it is very light and slides on the counter when you open it. And the legs arent adjsutable to level it.  Probably wont be a problem when it is loaded up.  I am going to take it back and get a bigger one.  I dont want to spend a ton of money, but I know you get what you pay for.  Lowes has a nice looking Fridgidare 34 bottle for $200, but it doesnt say if it is thermoelectric or not. 
I like smoking lightning
A 34 bottle would be a great size. I have a 28 bottle vinotemp and it will hold a lot of cigars. I just use the wire shelves and keep my cigars in the box they came in or recycled boxes for singles. It works very well. I don't even run the cooling in the winter as it stays cool enough in out house not to worry about it. These things seal up tighter that a frogs a$$ and once you get you humidity leveled out it is very easy to maintain. I think I have a 1/2# of beads in mine and don't add any thing to them very often though I will put a wet sponge in there once in a while if I see the rh heading down a bit, seem to get thing back on track most of the time.
Do you have the heartfelt beads?  It sounds like a lot of people use those.  Are those the ones that you ad water to once in a while, if your humidity is dropping?  I have one of those tubes with the gel in my small desktop.  It works pretty good, has a line on it and if the gel drops to that level you ad water and are good to go.
I like smoking lightning
[user=726]Good_Stogies_Mon[/user] wrote:
Quote:A 34 bottle would be a great size. I have a 28 bottle vinotemp and it will hold a lot of cigars. I just use the wire shelves and keep my cigars in the box they came in or recycled boxes for singles. It works very well. I don't even run the cooling in the winter as it stays cool enough in out house not to worry about it. These things seal up tighter that a frogs a$$ and once you get you humidity leveled out it is very easy to maintain. I think I have a 1/2# of beads in mine and don't add any thing to them very often though I will put a wet sponge in there once in a while if I see the rh heading down a bit, seem to get thing back on track most of the time.

Thats a new saying for me...hah!

Id imagine that a fridge is much better suited to seal than most. If temp isnt a problem near you, i would recommend a coolor. They are cheap, seal well, and hold a lot!