Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What's with these Cubao's?
Love the #5 enough to buy a box. Box arrived with labels sliced although the box was loosely covered in cellophane. Inside the already opened box were 20 neatly packed #5's, all the the E&O sticker on each one indicating "Singles".

Are the open seals and the "singles" label on every cigar the norm for these things or what?

Are these a collector's item I'll want to keep forever?  Joke
OK, just got off the phone with EO. I guess the distressing tears up the labels, which means I guess they distress the box after the labels are on it, but they normally aren't razor bladed open. I also found that all EO cigars are bar coded and have the word "single" printed on the cigar sticker. So that's all cool.

As for the sliced labels, that's not something EO does. Called the dealer and it's a maybe that they spot checked it. All the smokes were lined up perfectly so I guess it's a plus that they were opened. Also said it meant they were in their humidor if they were opened.

So it's all good, after a week or so I gotta have one to "spot check" on my own.
Sounds like some retailer made a makeshift box from a singles display or perhaps bundles that were extra from store events....
THE ONE & ONLY - THE LK

The last time there was a Tsunami at SC was many years ago when a young gentleman came in and EARNED the title of Legend Killer
- the Great Parkster

I don't even have words bro.  You have absolutely blown the $hit out of me. No come back, I got nothing, speechless - The Shephard PO - RIP July 2007
that's what I was thinking, made me call EO to find out.
Maduro PiPs Wrote:Sounds like some retailer made a makeshift box from a singles display or perhaps bundles that were extra from store events....
EXACTLY!  Nothing wrong with that if they tell you up front, but they should at least tell you they don't have a sealed box and what they have to do to make a full box for you....
[Image: CRA_ambassador_seal-smaller.jpg]
Join CRA Today! Click Above!
[Image: RobbieofCordova-2.gif]
I love these too.  Bought a 10 pack and smoking through them pretty quick!
I ordered 20 of these from JoeCigar.  Came in a factory bundle.  I've smoked them all. Good cigar, but  the Red label habano suits my taste more.    
yeah I got turned on to these when they were a CI special for 10...got 20. That wasn't enuf tho so I had to get a box before everyone else drove up the price [cigar]

Also wanted to get a full humi just in case the new tax gets passed directly onto all of us.

BTW the box turned out ok. Labels are usually scratched up from distressing, box was opened at dealer on random spot check. All smokes were lined up labels up so I figure no one pulled them out. Plus they were all packed in like they were factory packed.

Got an excellent deal so I won't complain [winner]

BTW, does that avatar above me have a perfect A$$ or what?

wingo Wrote:I ordered 20 of these from JoeCigar.  Came in a factory bundle.  I've smoked them all. Good cigar, but  the Red label habano suits my taste more.    
spot on!