Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
First Opus X
Had my first Opus X today. WOW!!

For some reason mine started out very boring. For the first 20 minutes I couldn't pull out any smoke or flavor from this thing no matter how much I willed it. I was very disappointed.

After the first couple of inches the flavor and smoke started kicking me in the face and I was in for an incredible hour and a half of enjoyment. By far the most full bodied, "strong" cigar I've had yet.

I ended up smoking it down past the band before I got any bitterness and by that time I had to pee anyway.

Great smoke....but it's one where I'll have to save up my pennies to enjoy again.
Ive never had one, but according to the boys around these parts they just get better with age as well. Ive heard some recommend over a year.

Glad to hear you enjoyed it! Ive got one in the humi from chris, ill have to light it up soon.
Great cigar,  if you like those try a God Of Fire but the opus is kick ass smoke[thumbsup]
I started the sit down video.....The Transporter!!
[user=1385]davidwys[/user] wrote:
Quote:Ive never had one, but according to the boys around these parts they just get better with age as well. Ive heard some recommend over a year.

Glad to hear you enjoyed it! Ive got one in the humi from chris, ill have to light it up soon.

Good to know. I'll have to let the next one sit in the humi for some time.
[user=1034]chris1980[/user] wrote:
Quote:Great cigar,  if you like those try a God Of Fire but the opus is kick ass smoke[thumbsup]

Definitely a kick ass smoke (literally). I have a God of Fire in the humi as well. It's been in there for a few months, do you think I should wait a while longer before lighting it up?
wait til summer then pull it out and smoke it !!!Tongue
I started the sit down video.....The Transporter!!
vasypher Wrote:[user=1034]chris1980[/user] wrote:
Quote:Great cigar,  if you like those try a God Of Fire but the opus is kick ass smoke[thumbsup]

Definitely a kick ass smoke (literally). I have a God of Fire in the humi as well. It's been in there for a few months, do you think I should wait a while longer before lighting it up?

I would say its fine to smoke now. Its nice enough in SoCal, the God of Fire is an awesome smoke....what else do you need manBig Grin

Opus x's need some age IMO to mellow out(given that Im a light weight) , and the strong flavors blend so well together after a while, but the GOF is good out the gates
Not only do I not know what's going on, I wouldn't know what to do about it if I did.
George Carlin
Opus is just about the best a cigar can get. Excellent sticks!

Edited to note, I have NOT always felt this way. I am a FAN today lol
I tried a belicoso and was rather unimpressed.  Maybe it was just the one I tried, but it was by far the most overrated cigar I've had. 
Opus X has never really impressed me either...what I've tried have been relatively fresh. I have a couple with a little age that are resting. I'll try them after a little longer nap.

In the meantime....Litto,,,,,Cool
If Sonny had EZ-Pass, he'd have survived that hit...
Never apologize mister, it's a sign of weakness. - Capt. Nathan Cutting Brittles