Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
PS2 problem?
My younger son has a Sony PS2, the new vesion. He's had it since August with no problems, until last night when it started shutting off in the middle of a game. It doesn't feel too hot.

Has this happened to anyone else?
If Sonny had EZ-Pass, he'd have survived that hit...
Never apologize mister, it's a sign of weakness. - Capt. Nathan Cutting Brittles
one game or all the games?
Rob The Long Island Cowboy Wrote:one game or all the games?
Any game....it runs 5 - 10 minutes & then shuts off.
Never apologize mister, it's a sign of weakness. - Capt. Nathan Cutting Brittles
if john can spare the unit for a day and a half drop it off.  let me check it out and i'll bring it to work on monday.

my kids have been through a half dozen ps2's.  i know all the tricks.  :?
I called Sony, they will replace the unit for free......if I can find the receipt, otherwise, its $45 to exchange it.
[user=64]Tonto The Long Island Sidekick[/user] wrote:
Quote:I called Sony, they will replace the unit for free......if I can find the receipt, otherwise, its $45 to exchange it.

Knowing you Jan I am sure you have the receipt!
US_Tank Wrote:[user=64]Tonto The Long Island Sidekick[/user] wrote:
Quote:I called Sony, they will replace the unit for free......if I can find the receipt, otherwise, its $45 to exchange it.

Knowing you Jan I am sure you have the receipt!
It was a birthday gift from my wife's parents. They ordered it online from Dell. They got a great deal & it came with 2 games & an extrs controller. Sony said the Credit card statement was good if we can't find the receipt.
Tonto The Long Island Sidekick Wrote:I called Sony, they will replace the unit for free......if I can find the receipt, otherwise, its $45 to exchange it.
you mean sony replaces these for nothing?  and here for years i've been taking them apart.  [doh]
Rob The Long Island Cowboy Wrote:
Tonto The Long Island Sidekick Wrote:I called Sony, they will replace the unit for free......if I can find the receipt, otherwise, its $45 to exchange it.
you mean sony replaces these for nothing?  and here for years i've been taking them apart.  [doh]
Only if it's less than 1 year old
So sorry to hear about your loss , Jan.  It sounds like conjestive heart failure to me.  Maybe you should take it out to the back yard and put a bullet in it to put it out of YOUR misery.Smile 
Freakin' ray of sunshine, ain't I.