Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My first Padron '64
LibertyToad Wrote:The '64 PAM's are great smokes. 

Actually any Padron, I think, is a great smoke.

I've heard that aging a thousand series Padron for 2-3 years can get you a cigar very similar to the anni's.  I'll check back in 2 years and let you know--I have 26 3000 Maddies waiting for me in 2011.
Hmmm, hadn't heard that but I have a number of boxes of the 3000 and 4000 that have been sitting for years and years. Been a LONG TIME since I smoked one. Been wondering, in the back of my mind, how they're doing. Maybe I should break one out this weekend. I would love to discover that this is the case... would buy a WHOLE LOT MORE of the regular line. That's for sure.
No Reserve, No Retreat, No Regrets!!!
B-Dub Cigar Ambassador Wrote:
LibertyToad Wrote:The '64 PAM's are great smokes. 

Actually any Padron, I think, is a great smoke.

I've heard that aging a thousand series Padron for 2-3 years can get you a cigar very similar to the anni's.  I'll check back in 2 years and let you know--I have 26 3000 Maddies waiting for me in 2011.
Hmmm, hadn't heard that but I have a number of boxes of the 3000 and 4000 that have been sitting for years and years. Been a LONG TIME since I smoked one. Been wondering, in the back of my mind, how they're doing. Maybe I should break one out this weekend. I would love to discover that this is the case... would buy a WHOLE LOT MORE of the regular line. That's for sure.
I wouldnt say that it gives you the a Anniversarie taste, but when you age those padrons they do become very refined and smooth, much like the Anniver. line.

Colby Pants sent me a few padrons he said were aged for a long time, and I smoked the last of those a few weeks back....mmm pure bliss. Smooth and relaxing.

Thanks again for those CP
Not only do I not know what's going on, I wouldn't know what to do about it if I did.
George Carlin
Nice review.  '64 maduro is a great smoke.  If you liked that, try a '26 and it will blow your mind.

I recall smoking a few regular line Padrons from a fiver a while back and didn't care for them.  They were young as I recall, and I have one left that is probably 3 years at this point... I think I have my next sacrifice. [cigar]
+1 on the 64, truly a fine smoke!
Good_Stogies_Mon Wrote:+1 on the 64, truly a fine smoke!
+2 Wink