Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Back to basics!
Hey gang, it's me again.  Looks like I'll be poking my head in for a while to come... again... [doh]

I finally got sick of putting my nose to the grindstone, cranking out reports that were never read, meeting rush deadlines so the higher ups could sit on it, and basically driving myself into the ground doing massive amounts of work to be rewarded with... more work.  [mad]

I think it really dawned on me today as I sat at my desk, doing my work... and realized I was the only one there.  Everyone else in my department had taken the day off. [curse]

While I take pride in getting the job done and doing it well... while I want to learn as much as I can in as little time as possible... while I want to get my career going so I can finally carve out a little portion of peace and prosperity for myself... I sure as hell ain't going to sell my soul for it.  [smokin]

I left a little note on my manger's chair today.  It read: "I left at 4:00 today.  This will continue from now on.  -E" [thumbsup2]

I will now be spending more of my time training at my dojo (which is what I have always wanted to do), drinking good scotch and beer [guiness], smoking great cigars [cigar2], posting on StogieChat so I can hopefully get to know you all again [thumbsup], and taking care of my overgrown, clingy nine-year old kitten that would be dead by now if he weren't too cue to kill[mad1]... I guess life just isn't as sweet without a little sour, eh?

Good to be back home.  [cigar]

-E
I know how the work thing can be. When you are working 60 to 70 hrs a weeks 7 days a week, it can get a little out of hand. Hope that htings slow down and you are able to post more. Welcome back!! AC
To educate a man in mind and not in morals is to educate a menace to society.
Theodore Roosevelt

Im a newer member so I havent had the pleasure of welcoming u so.....WELCOME FOR WA!!!![pimp]
Welcome back, Big E.  [cigar]
Good to have you back. Now, stay here and enjoy.
They call me The Mum - Jimmie the Mum
Viva Mumcero - Mahk 12/4/2010 - http://www.stogiechat.com/forum/thread-20737.html
Honorary Shield Brother
Weak people seek Revenge, Strong people Forgive, Intelligent people Ignore
Great to see you getting your priorities in line [thumbsup]

I look forward to getting to know you, and one day strive to be able to use as many emoticons as you in one post Tongue

Seriously, welcome back, I'm new since you were last here, and glad to have you back.  Hope all is well, and look forward to your input.  Now that your back, what have you been smoking, anything exciting ?

aka: The Bouncer
"I Herfed with The Mum" !! And have the shirt to prove it !!!!
I got my "Big Cock t-shirt from Tankie !!!
Good for you.
I can certainly relate with my job....
Although at most I still work under 60 hours.  Hell, still under 55 hours.

welcome back.  we only have one shot at this!
Congratulations on making a decision to do what is best for you! [welcome] back!
Great to see you back E.

Sorry the epiphany took so long.
My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives.