Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
House Approves Plan to Give FDA Regulatory Power Over Tobacco
That sounds about right.  I took ephedra from a reputable sports nutrition company myself.  And I always followed label recommendations.  But for some who saw good results with a certain dose, they doubled it thinking it would help even more. 

Thanks Glenn.  Now back to the FDA and Tobacco!
I took phentermine and it was great ......Well it was basically speed but I could drop weight like crazy ....Once dropped 20 pounds in a week ....Can still get it ..But it makes my anxiety really bad .....
How can the FDA regulate something that is made outside of this country?  Maybe i just don't get it.
ashman Wrote:How can the FDA regulate something that is made outside of this country?  Maybe i just don't get it.
The FDA does not "regulate" it, they just ban the sales of it in the USA, regardless of country of source or manufacture
[user=118]Not A Nice Person[/user] wrote:
Quote:You know . . . this is one time I've gotta say, more power to 'em.

Wanna know when I finally quit smoking cigarettes? When they released the internal memos revealing the tobacco industry had done studies on how to make cigarettes more addicting.

Phukk the bastiges. They've had this coming for a long time.

I am concerned about how this may eventually impact the Miami cigar industry, and our beloved imports. But I'll shed no tears for R.J. Reynolds.

NANP™
[cigar]

For cigarettes, I agree 100%. I know cigarette companies have put tons of R&D into making cigarettes more addictive, and they should be stopped.

With cigars, I am scared beyond belief. As something that many people do not abuse, whatever nicotine and other bull they want to say is irrelevant. Its enjoyment and I hope the gov. doesnt ruin that for all of us.
but remember...this is Fox, the same broadcasting company that claimed the Dow dropped 58 points during an Obama speech when in reality it went up 26 points.

Personally, after witnessing this (and reading about it the next day) I have absolutely no faith in Fox. For those that do, I am sorry, but total lies to make our president look bad...not acceptable at all.
davidwys Wrote:but remember...this is Fox, the same broadcasting company that claimed the Dow dropped 58 points during an Obama speech when in reality it went up 26 points.

Personally, after witnessing this (and reading about it the next day) I have absolutely no faith in Fox. For those that do, I am sorry, but total lies to make our president look bad...not acceptable at all.

David he is doing that all on his own!  Along with the comedy of errors in Gheitner, Franks, and company. 

Fair and Balanced in news reporting gets ratings.  And who is #1 in ratings?  You don't get that way by deceiving an audience! 
US_Tank Wrote:
davidwys Wrote:but remember...this is Fox, the same broadcasting company that claimed the Dow dropped 58 points during an Obama speech when in reality it went up 26 points.

David he is doing that all on his own!  Along with the comedy of errors in Gheitner, Franks, and company. 

Fair and Balanced in news reporting gets ratings.  And who is #1 in ratings?  You don't get that way by deceiving an audience! 
But do you get that warm, fussy feeling going up your leg when he speaks? Tongue [lol]

If Sonny had EZ-Pass, he'd have survived that hit...
Never apologize mister, it's a sign of weakness. - Capt. Nathan Cutting Brittles
Show me an article where CNN said something this nice about GWB!

http://foxforum.blogs.foxnews.com/2009/04/03/thanks-to-barack-obama-america-is-coming-back/