Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Disaster!
For my upcoming birthday weekend, I had decided long ago to take the preceding Friday and following Monday off completely... no work, no training, no responsibilities... a good four-day weekend spent doing nothing... smoking, drinking, playing video games (hey, I'm of the Nintendo generation), watching TV, spending good quality time in a vegetative state.  My idea of complete relaxation.  I had been planning this for over a month, even before I "laid down the law" at my place of employment...

Four days before this is about to start, my TV is on the fritz (turning on/off at random), the disc drive of my Playstation has burned out (no games or movies, and replacement lens gets here Monday at the earliest), and my co-workers have not yet clued into the fact that, for once, I will not be there for a few days and will have to fend for themselves (I will wade through a mountain of late work upon my return because nobody else will do it).

Alright, not a disaster in the Biblical sense... in the whole great, grand scheme of things it really seems petty.  But this is my first real break in quite a long time, and dammit I hate it when the universe tosses a monkey wrench into the works!  [curse]

Thank you for allowing me the chance to vent.  Back to the stogies... [cigar]
If its a playstation 2 thats on the fritz, its a good excuse to treat yourself to a playstation 3.

If its a ps3 that is in need of some parts, its a good excuse to treat yourself to an Xbox 360 (get both!)

I can empathize with you on the decompression vacation.  Every time I schedule a week off from work, every asks me where I'm going for my vacation.  I always get odd looks when I respond with "Home!"
I love the "do nothing" vacation.  Going on a trip is fun, but when you get back it feels like you need a vacation.  I will be off for ten days starting on the 17th.  I cant wait.
I like smoking lightning
#1 - take the game system to GameStop and trade it in on a newer one, or one that works.   Much cheaper than buying parts and trying to fix it yourself...and quicker.

#2 - take your phone OFF THE HOOK.  

#3 - take your phone OFF THE HOOK.   Had to repeat that because it does not ever sink in the first time.

#4 - stock up on Doritos, Beer, Popcorn, Capt Morgan and cheese curls.

#5 - invite only women over, 3 at a time.   (just in case you get bored with the game system)

#6 - big ashtray and plenty of cigars ready to give their life to your every need.

#7 - keep phone off the hook.

#8 - IF the TV does not work out and a new one is out of your budget, then rent a huge plasma for the weekend from Aarons.   Its your weekend, you deserve the best!
THAT SUCKS!!!  Enjoy what time you have left!!
That sucks.  Murphys law man.   lol
Like that time My wife and I both had friday off the week of her birthday, but then I found out I got to work half the day because a coworker dislocated his shoulder and I had to help wtih a delivery and a service call.
[curse]
Cigars, beer, -- what else is there? 
US_Tank Wrote:Cigars, beer, -- what else is there?
hookers Tongue
MK 199 Wrote:
hookers Tongue

and scotch!

..and it's an original 60gb PS3, the one that is fully backwards compatible with older PS games and basically does everything... so I don't want to give it up.  It looks like just a laser problem, and I've replaced laser on CD/DVD drive before so it will be 30 mins tops, I just hate that my vacation will be over before I can replace it! 

I've been thinking about upgrading my TV anyway, but I didn't want to HAVE to do it right now.

The phone will only be on long enough to call for a pizza. Cool

I'd call over some ladies... but they have a habit of talking...and that would require DOING something... not on this weekend. 

It's all just Murphy's Law, I know... welcome to my life.  I think I'll just buy the TV now, then rent a PS3 for the weekend and return it on Tuesday. 
[user=14]BigE[/user] wrote:
Quote:
MK 199 Wrote:
hookers Tongue

and scotch!

..and it's an original 60gb PS3, the one that is fully backwards compatible with older PS games and basically does everything... so I don't want to give it up.  It looks like just a laser problem, and I've replaced laser on CD/DVD drive before so it will be 30 mins tops, I just hate that my vacation will be over before I can replace it! 

I've been thinking about upgrading my TV anyway, but I didn't want to HAVE to do it right now.

The phone will only be on long enough to call for a pizza. Cool

I'd call over some ladies... but they have a habit of talking...and that would require DOING something... not on this weekend. 

It's all just Murphy's Law, I know... welcome to my life.  I think I'll just buy the TV now, then rent a PS3 for the weekend and return it on Tuesday. 

See ...... the universe wanted you to have a new TV and you can hire a PS3 ....... you already have the cigars so grab some beer and dry yer eyes.

as for the workload when you return ......... DUDE ......... so what?

DoNT let it wreck your "ME" time .......... I have been letting small issues like this bore into my soul for months or possibly years and its not worth it.

By the sound of all of this thread ....... you really need and deserve the time off.

Kick back, relax, escape, smoke and enjoy the hangover you earned.

[smokin2][beer]:dude:[beer][smokin2][7up][7up][7up][7up][7up]
The 2 most important days of your life are: The day you were born & the day you find out why