Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Exquisite Xikar Opus X Guillotine Cutter I Guarentee that you have never seen
So, as part of my Christmas present of lots of great stuff from a good friend, was this cutter. Turns out its a prototype that never made it to production, and is only 1 of 2 in existence. How's that for an incredible gift, especially since its gorgeous?

No way in hell I'll be using it. Its become part of my display of cigar stuff on my dresser. [Image: be762d2375a851b9c4f2174cd2e4643c.jpg]

I friggin love cigars
It's beautiful!

& yeah, I'd never use it either.
If Sonny had EZ-Pass, he'd have survived that hit...
Never apologize mister, it's a sign of weakness. - Capt. Nathan Cutting Brittles
Very nice. Fuente Opus X, wow.
I would e mail Fuente, send them a pic & ask for any background information on it.
If your not gonna sell it, why not use it?
They call me The Mum - Jimmie the Mum
Viva Mumcero - Mahk 12/4/2010 - http://www.stogiechat.com/forum/thread-20737.html
Honorary Shield Brother
Weak people seek Revenge, Strong people Forgive, Intelligent people Ignore
Very cool!

I'd be very gentle with it, but I would use it, at least once in a while.
Fishing is much more than fish. It is the great occasion when we may return to the fine simplicity of our forefathers.
Use it. I have a pretty special custom Room 101 Xikar that I use regularly, it just doesn't leave home.

Wow, thats pretty sweet
No Justice, No Peace!
(12-30-2022, 11:51 AM)Jimmie the Mum Wrote: Very nice. Fuente Opus X, wow.
I would e mail Fuente, send them a pic & ask for any background information on it.
If your not gonna sell it, why not use it?
The friend i got it from does all the website work, photography of scenes and cigars for the sites and print ads, etc, so he has a very close relationship with Fuente, and has for many years.

He said the issue was that they couldn't get the anodized red the right color, so opted not to produce them. He designed it for them, thats why he had the 2 prototypes that this is one of.

Dont want to use it as i have switched to using punches exclusively except for the rare Torpedo or similar i end up with that requires a cutter, so i use my Colibri Cut guillotine cutter.

I dont want to risk wear or damage to the prototype as its such and awesome display piece and is so incredibly rare. I could never replace it if something happened. I'm guessing that the color could srart to wear off from regular use or i could drop it and damage it.

It just WAY to rare and special to be more than an awesome display piece for me.

I'm too incredibly grateful for such an amazing gift to risk something happening to it.

I friggin love cigars
Thanks for the history...
They call me The Mum - Jimmie the Mum
Viva Mumcero - Mahk 12/4/2010 - http://www.stogiechat.com/forum/thread-20737.html
Honorary Shield Brother
Weak people seek Revenge, Strong people Forgive, Intelligent people Ignore