Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Partagas Aristocratas
Was gifted a Partagas Aristocratas tonight (yeah the contraband ones, we work offshore [bravo]) and dont really know anything about them. I can see that they arent real super expensive, but it was a good smoke. Lasted about 45 minutes, and held a good ash. Looked better than a Monte #4 appearance wise, and tasted great. Whats the deal with these, are they machine or hand made, cant really find any info on them anywhere.

Scott
http://www.cigars-review.org/Partagas-Aristocrats.htm

Check the link above for some info and reviews.
Never argue with an idiot. They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

[Image: UserBar1.jpg]
Thanks Mike, thats what I was looking for , and to the anonymous party that pm'ed me, thanks too.

Scott
Nice link Mike! Cool
If Sonny had EZ-Pass, he'd have survived that hit...
Never apologize mister, it's a sign of weakness. - Capt. Nathan Cutting Brittles
Check out the P0RN section for more  [wow][bravo][smokin][7up]
Now for the main question. The link shows that these smokes should be machine made, however, the bottom of the box shows "totalamente a mano" on it. I believe I read on here somewhere that with Habanos, that shows a totally handmade cigar.  What would cause this discrepancy? Did Partagas start handrollng these smokes? Did someone screw up and stamp the box wrong. I may have to get another box as a "control" and see what it says [bravo][wow]
Well, according to the Bible of Cuban cigars (An Illustrated Encyclopaedia of Post-Revolution Havana Cigars by Min Ronn Nee) the Aristocrats were both made by hand and machine.  The machine made version was discontinued in 2002.

I recall around this time Habanos discontinued a lot of vitolas that were both hand and machine made.  The killed the machine made versions because they can charge more for the hand made ones because both versions used the exact same tobaccos.
Never argue with an idiot. They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

[Image: UserBar1.jpg]
Thanks Mike, thats what I thought as well. I was checking through the stickies at the top of the page, and found a site with much the same information. Seems that the Cubans took the "crap" out of the range, and left the handmades alone. Makes these sticks all the better value then.

Scott