Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
An Uber question
I've never used Uber before.

If you get a quote for say $50 for a trip from an airport to hotel...if there are 2 people, is that per person or per trip?
If Sonny had EZ-Pass, he'd have survived that hit...
Never apologize mister, it's a sign of weakness. - Capt. Nathan Cutting Brittles
Should be for the trip.

I’ve never had to enter the number of passengers before when booking a ride with Uber or Lyft
This is my boomstick!
(04-03-2019, 12:30 PM)EvilAsh Wrote: Should be for the trip.

I’ve never had to enter the number of passengers before when booking a ride with Uber or Lyft

Thanks, I wasn't sure.

I'm planning on flying out to visit my oldest son, at his college. Taking my younger son to check out the school too.
Last time I flew was 1991.
Never apologize mister, it's a sign of weakness. - Capt. Nathan Cutting Brittles
Yeah its for the trip... but if your visiting your son in Seattle you might want to use the monorail. Last time i went from SeaTac to Downtown it was like $7 one way or $11 round trip (per person).
(04-04-2019, 09:14 AM)Teck1337 Wrote: Yeah its for the trip... but if your visiting  your son in Seattle you might want to use the monorail. Last time i went from SeaTac to Downtown it was like $7 one way or $11 round trip (per person).

Yeah my son told me of the light rail link.  He uses it & the buses all the time.  Right from the airport all the way to the eastern part of the campus, next to the stadium.  Issue is that the hotel is on the western side & I'm not walking too well as of late.
I use both Uber and Lyft regularly when I travel down south for work - I usually get special offers and such via my Lyft app.

Get cost estimates of Rail to campus and then ride to hotel vs ride to hotel from airport and see which is the better deal.

(04-04-2019, 03:21 PM)Tonto Wrote:
(04-04-2019, 09:14 AM)Teck1337 Wrote: Yeah its for the trip... but if your visiting  your son in Seattle you might want to use the monorail. Last time i went from SeaTac to Downtown it was like $7 one way or $11 round trip (per person).

Yeah my son told me of the light rail link.  He uses it & the buses all the time.  Right from the airport all the way to the eastern part of the campus, next to the stadium.  Issue is that the hotel is on the western side & I'm not walking too well as of late.
You could take the LightRail Link to the East side of campus and then Uber it... I imagine your Uber would be < $10.

Anyway, the public transportation system in Seattle is great, and the places it doesn't get you close enough an Uber/Lyft is helpful.
(04-06-2019, 02:22 PM)Teck1337 Wrote:
(04-04-2019, 03:21 PM)Tonto Wrote:

You could take the LightRail Link to the East side of campus and then Uber it... I imagine your Uber would be < $10.

Anyway, the public transportation system in Seattle is great, and the places it doesn't get you close enough an Uber/Lyft is helpful.
That's a good idea!

So any good places to visit there?
Give BobGun a call.
They call me The Mum - Jimmie the Mum
Viva Mumcero - Mahk 12/4/2010 - http://www.stogiechat.com/forum/thread-20737.html
Honorary Shield Brother
Weak people seek Revenge, Strong people Forgive, Intelligent people Ignore
Found out the hotel runs a shuttle to/from the end of the Lightrail link at Husky Stadium.  Should be good.