Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Restoring Dull car headlights
Last year, I tried one of those headlight restoring kits on the headlights of our 2nd, older van....but it didn't help.  Turtle wax brand, IIRC.

Today I tried the Meguiar's G3000 Heavy Duty Headlight Restoration Kit. It cost me a little over $18 dollars on Amazon.

Took me about 20 minutes total, including reading the directions lol

Here's some pics:

Passenger side, Before:
[Image: Right%20before_zpss4cjslmr.jpg]

Passenger side, After:
[Image: Right_zpsoz30zmzs.jpg]

Driver side, Before:
[Image: Left%20Before_zpsyyqjwpoc.jpg]

Driver side, After:
[Image: Left_zps0m3aiu1c.jpg]

I thought it came out pretty good for my first time with the kit.  The sides were really bad & I guess I could have spent more time on them...maybe next week I'll go over them again.
If Sonny had EZ-Pass, he'd have survived that hit...
Never apologize mister, it's a sign of weakness. - Capt. Nathan Cutting Brittles
Wow, that worked well. My wife's cars headlights don't get dull. She runs into shit and breaks them before that ever happens..lol
Wish I had known Jan. It sounds crazy, but the best thing you can use is Deep Woods Off. Mosquito spray works amazing. Spray some on a rag, wipe your headlights and they look brand new.
Fishing is much more than fish. It is the great occasion when we may return to the fine simplicity of our forefathers.
You know what else works, toothpaste.... That's what I use on my older car..
Meguiar's is good stuff tho.
They call me The Mum - Jimmie the Mum
Viva Mumcero - Mahk 12/4/2010 - http://www.stogiechat.com/forum/thread-20737.html
Honorary Shield Brother
Weak people seek Revenge, Strong people Forgive, Intelligent people Ignore
If dismantling them is an option sticking them in the dishwasher is highly recommended

I've done turn signal lenses and break light/tail light lenses as well
The 2 most important days of your life are: The day you were born & the day you find out why