Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Nebraska Trip / Herf
I just got back from about a week in Nebraska.  My cousin got married, and we took the opportunity to spend time with the side of the family that I don't get to see too often.   My mom, Alex, and I flew out of Sacramento, and my sis and her family flew out of Seattle.   (My mom grew up in Omaha and her side of the family all still live in Omaha and Lincoln)

During the flurry of activity there, I also managed to carve out some time to get together with a couple of familiar faces.

Here are a few pics from the trip:

Alex excited to be on the plane last Thurs:

[Image: NE001_zpsawo8wefr.jpg]

Fri night we had a rehearsal dinner on the patio at the Firethorn Country Club in Lincoln.  Alex got to see fireflys for the first time, and he was freaking out (we don't get them out here in Cali at all).   There were a few kids around Alex's age, and we had fun catching them.   It was pretty dark, but I managed to get a pic of one that I caught for Alex that I got to light up and caught a pretty good pic:

[Image: NE002_zpsxcmpgxnk.jpg]

The ceremony on Sat was nice, and Alex managed to sit through a full wedding mass without causing any disturbances, so I consider that a victory!  Big Grin    The reception on Sat afternoon was at the Lincoln Country Club, and I was very happy that the wedding was Country Club Casual -- slacks and a golf shirt type of thing.   With that heat and humidity, it was a nice break, and I thanked my cousin!    Here are Alex and me at the reception:

[Image: NE003_zpslqu4udcb.jpg]

We had a lot of other outings and activities while we were there.  We visited Morrill Hall at the University of Nebraska, Lincoln.  It is a Natural History Museum with tons of fossils, dinosaur skeletons, and all sorts of cool stuff.    Here is Alex with a Mastodon skeleton just to show how huge they were!

[Image: NE006_zpseah8syjp.jpg]

We also went to the Lincoln Children's Zoo - a great place for kids with lots of interactive stuff.  Alex got to touch turtles, lizards, etc. and got to feed a camel too.  Here he is on a pony ride:

[Image: NE005_zpsdhjjukvp.jpg]

And then on Sunday, I got to spend the time with my main reason for going on the trip...    Wink

[Image: NE007_zps4rvottmg.jpg]

I had been in contact with the NE boys, and Cassie was kind enough to come and pick me up from my hotel.   Dooley told me that he was giving her my contact info "against my better judgment"   LOL!    I sent Jimmie this pic, and his response was "tread carefully"   Got to hang out at a great cigar lounge in downtown Lincoln, and Dooley, Gus, and friends showed up shortly afterward.   We had a great time catching up - it had been far too long!   

[Image: NE008_zpsym5acgag.jpg]

Many thanks to Cassie for picking me up and bringing me back to the hotel, and thanks to the guys for coming all the way down from where they were in MN to hang out with me!     It really was a hell of a time.

Then, I rode off into the sunset...

[Image: NE009_zpsxf085kaw.jpg]

(This is only funny because I have never been on a motorcycle in my life, and if I tried to do anything, I would surely dump the bike before even getting out of the parking spot...  LOL)

More family stuff Sun night and Mon, and we flew home Tuesday.

A great trip, and it was great to see family and friends!

Looking forward to the next time!

Looks like a great time Maytag. I'm glad that you got so many memories.
...moving along...nothing left to see here.
Looks like a great trip!!!
When I die, I'm leaving my body to science fiction.
Steven Wright
Nice Bill. Glad you were able to hook up with such a great group. Cassie told me you were a true gentlemen so there was need for me to send you a friendly reminder. 

Alex is getting big and what a great smile. Both Mom and Dad should be proud..
They call me The Mum - Jimmie the Mum
Viva Mumcero - Mahk 12/4/2010 - http://www.stogiechat.com/forum/thread-20737.html
Honorary Shield Brother
Weak people seek Revenge, Strong people Forgive, Intelligent people Ignore
Looks like an awesome trip Bill! Thanks for sharing the photos.
Fishing is much more than fish. It is the great occasion when we may return to the fine simplicity of our forefathers.
very cool !
I love when people think I'm psychologically disturbed cause it means I overloaded their neurological nerves
Looks like you had a great time Bill. Cool

Going out there someday is on my bucket list.
If Sonny had EZ-Pass, he'd have survived that hit...
Never apologize mister, it's a sign of weakness. - Capt. Nathan Cutting Brittles
It was a great trip, and meeting up with the NE folks was definitely an added bonus!