Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Did it again....
Been at the ER since 0030. My left knee isn't supposed to look like this. Tibia plateau fracture. Partial acl tear. Partial meniscus tear.
[Image: ed373f5a911b48e9db7e84efed06a927.jpg]
...moving along...nothing left to see here.
Wow what happened!!
Damn Dave, feel better...
They call me The Mum - Jimmie the Mum
Viva Mumcero - Mahk 12/4/2010 - http://www.stogiechat.com/forum/thread-20737.html
Honorary Shield Brother
Weak people seek Revenge, Strong people Forgive, Intelligent people Ignore
Damm, that sucks. Hope you feel better soon.
If Sonny had EZ-Pass, he'd have survived that hit...
Never apologize mister, it's a sign of weakness. - Capt. Nathan Cutting Brittles
Damn, this is sad news. Same knee as before?
Sorry to hear Dave,feel better. Get off those knees!
That sucks Dave, hope it heals quick.
Fishing is much more than fish. It is the great occasion when we may return to the fine simplicity of our forefathers.
Well, it a moment befitting a post in the idiot thread..... Last September, a limb broke off a tree overhanging my garage. It poked a hole through the shingles, about 4-5 inches roughly roundish.
For those that don't know me, I'm frugal. So I had an old piece of pressure treated plywood that i put up there to hold it over till the insurance people came to look at it. They finally came and looked and cut a check. I put that money in the account and have left it sit. I noticed last week some time that it was leaking and knew I needed to get it fixed. But I would need to move stuff and see what had gotten wet, etc.
So last night I went out there and started looking and moving stuff, etc. Found that a colony of black carpenter ants had set up shop. Rather than spray pesticides around, I grabbed the shop wet/dry vac, and stepped up on the second rung of my 6 foot ladder and started sucking them up.
Things went well, until my shop vac got hold of a piece of the cardboard box the ants were using as their condo, and as I pulled the nozzle away, one of those guard ants (big fekkers with huge jaw pitchers), was on it, and leaped onto me. It then bit the shit out of me on my neck. Now, I was ok at this point. But I noticed that more of those big bastards were running over to the edge of the shelf, and jumping off in my direction.
So I stepped down from the ladder to regroup (and kill the brave little big ant chewing on my neck), and I guess I stepped wrong. My knee popped. Pain, but manageable. Finished vacuuming up the ants, (my oldest son was helping), trashed the crap on the shelf, vacuumed up some stragglers, boiled the with hot water, and poured them, and their egg sacks out in the street.
2 hours later, I couldnt walk right, and my knee was swollen. Went to the ER, had an mri, 9 xrays, and here we are.

It's hard to not be angry. It's hard not to be disappointed.
...moving along...nothing left to see here.
You and ladders, get well soon
Hope you heal up soon... Damn... Your as bad as I am on ladders..