Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Should We Do Vegas This Year?
Hey guys, just making my usual inquiry/announcement about a possible Vegas herf this year.  I started researching rates and such (as I always do when it gets cold as fuck this time of year in MN) and found some favorable rates at the Flamingo again this year.  The Linq (formerly the IP, affectionately known as "our dump") may be finished with their upgrades but people are still WAY sketchy on staying their as of right now.  As it is, Flamingo is looking like it would be about $85/night.  With gas where it's at I'm guessing plane fare wil be decent.  I know from MSP I'm looking at between $200-$250.  Dates would be around the weekend of 7/25.  If we did a midweek get together it would obviously be cheaper and less crowded but the weekend brings all the crazy LA crowd and the eye candy at the pool!  Tongue  
At any rate, figured I'd gauge interest and see if there's any point.  Last couple years it's just been a couple of us and while I do enjoy watching Jimmie give Tank shit, it'd be nice to see some old friends and maybe make some new ones!  Also, looking at doing a cigar lounge trip or a daytrip out to the dam and the marina or something if there's people who'd like to do these things.  
Vegas is always fun & I look forward to it every year but we need a commitment from a few other people this year to make this happen.
There's nothing better than celebrating Mac's birthday in tinsel town. Last year we ventured out of our comfort zone and I'm willing to do the same. One thing we need to keep consistent is Casa Fuente for French Roast coffee with a morning stogie, the high roller (best deal in town), letting Mac get Tipsy one day and watch him pick up the ladies Tongue.
They call me The Mum - Jimmie the Mum
Viva Mumcero - Mahk 12/4/2010 - http://www.stogiechat.com/forum/thread-20737.html
Honorary Shield Brother
Weak people seek Revenge, Strong people Forgive, Intelligent people Ignore
I cant commit to it right now unfortunately (I cant do it before 6/13th) and I need to see where I'm at on the job front (some companys may not want me taking a week off the month i start Tongue)..

But, I really do want to go.
Dustin, it's a blast, a hell of a good time.  In the past some of the CA guys came for the weekend. They either drove or flew depending on where they live. I usually fly in on a Thursday / Friday and leave Monday / Tuesday. Completely understand your situation but keep it on the calendar. 
Viva Mumcero - Mahk 12/4/2010 - http://www.stogiechat.com/forum/thread-20737.html
Honorary Shield Brother
You guys have to keep this tradition going.  It's on my bucket list to make it there sometime.
If Sonny had EZ-Pass, he'd have survived that hit...
Never apologize mister, it's a sign of weakness. - Capt. Nathan Cutting Brittles
(01-08-2015, 02:30 PM)Jimmie the Mum Wrote: Dustin, it's a blast, a hell of a good time.  In the past some of the CA guys came for the weekend. They either drove or flew depending on where they live. I usually fly in on a Thursday / Friday and leave Monday / Tuesday. Completely understand your situation but keep it on the calendar. 
Yeah for sure... It's on the calendar. Big Grin
Now that I'm back in action I was looking forward to going again.
(01-09-2015, 09:31 AM)Lurch Wrote: Now that I'm back in action I was looking forward to going again.

Thumbsup
Honorary Shield Brother
I'd love to go again but it's impossible to make plans just now
The 2 most important days of your life are: The day you were born & the day you find out why
I am going to go this year if its still going to happen.Smile