Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Video Reviews on StogieChat
Wink 
Hello Everyone,

I've been working on a new addition to the website over the past couple weeks. This new section is basically an ongoing collection of videos from the net covering cigar reviews, lighter reviews, pipe tobacco reviews and just general cigar smoking.

I'm hoping to figure out a way to cross post from the new section into StogieChat, or share the user info. No luck yet because its two different programs on the website. For now the new section is operational and works separately from the forum.

There is a clickable banner at the top of StogieChat:
[Image: cigar-logo3.png]

Or you can use the following link:
http://stogiechat.com/reviews/

I welcome any comments, suggestions or ideas to make StogieChat even better!
Enjoy!!!
Eric
Could this also be a place where we could store SC herf videos etc. as oppose to just cigar review videos.

Case in point the video of Mahk saying Mumcero...
They call me The Mum - Jimmie the Mum
Viva Mumcero - Mahk 12/4/2010 - http://www.stogiechat.com/forum/thread-20737.html
Honorary Shield Brother
Weak people seek Revenge, Strong people Forgive, Intelligent people Ignore
Are the videos collected automatically or manually?

There are a lot of content providers that are doing some good video reviews and such (and have in the past) - for example, the guys at Stogie Review. (And heck, there are some Churros y Puros archives too). If you are doing this manually, I would get in contact with those guys to get their blessing and add them, along with the several other "known" folks out there that are producing HQ video content.

I have a couple of more things, but am running out the door now - will come back here later... Wink

Great idea to incorporate video - next what about an integrated audio player or embeddable feature where the cigar podcasts in current production can be incorporated? I don't know I your forum software supports auto-posting via RSS, but I have seen a forum that has a similar feature, so every new episode/post is automatically posted as a new thread.

It's all on autopilot. But I can manually post as well. I will have to search for their videos and add them to the feed.

(07-10-2014, 12:55 PM)MaytagMan Wrote: Are the videos collected automatically or manually?

There are a lot of content providers that are doing some good video reviews and such (and have in the past) - for example, the guys at Stogie Review. (And heck, there are some Churros y Puros archives too). If you are doing this manually, I would get in contact with those guys to get their blessing and add them, along with the several other "known" folks out there that are producing HQ video content.

I have a couple of more things, but am running out the door now - will come back here later... Wink

Great idea to incorporate video - next what about an integrated audio player or embeddable feature where the cigar podcasts in current production can be incorporated? I don't know I your forum software supports auto-posting via RSS, but I have seen a forum that has a similar feature, so every new episode/post is automatically posted as a new thread.
And I can import via RSS, but the feed has to have the proper data or its about useless. RSS normally is just a short excerpt and sometimes important data gets cut off, or if the video is late in the post then it may not show. If you know of any good RSS feeds post them and I will try to incorporate them into the site.
I have on in my sig line.
They call me The Mum - Jimmie the Mum
Viva Mumcero - Mahk 12/4/2010 - http://www.stogiechat.com/forum/thread-20737.html
Honorary Shield Brother
Weak people seek Revenge, Strong people Forgive, Intelligent people Ignore
What I can do is any YouTube video that has StogieChat anywhere in the title will be imported to the video feed. I can even make a new category for it IF we can get enough videos going. I did a search on YouTube for "StogieChat" and found 42 where there was some reference in the text.
https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=stogiechat

Those uploaded videos you have Mum, can you edit the text description to include StogieChat in the text? If so, it should automatically feed in eventually...
Video 
Beautiful girls smoking cigars near interview

x- Link Redacted -x
Video 
Vanessa Golub smoking cigars near interview.

x- Link Redacted -x