Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Recommendations for new cigar smokers
In a few weeks I will be gathering with some friends and family and I am planning on bringing some cigars for me and some to share. Most of the people I will be with are not cigar smokers, but I plan to offer them some and to join me.

Any recommendations for what to offer them?

I was thinking its probably best to go with something mild and pair with a sugary drink so they don't get sick. Macanudo? Something with a Connecticut wrapper (Oliva)? Or maybe Baccarats?

Thanks in advance for any recommendations.
I'd say it depends on how well you like them, lol. I'd say Oliva. The other two are ok too, maybe bring them all and have them pick.
No Justice, No Peace!
Oliva G / O
They call me The Mum - Jimmie the Mum
Viva Mumcero - Mahk 12/4/2010 - http://www.stogiechat.com/forum/thread-20737.html
Honorary Shield Brother
Weak people seek Revenge, Strong people Forgive, Intelligent people Ignore
Oliva G is good. Nub Connecticut also comes to mind.
--Mike
Fuente Chateau Connecticut maybe....I've given that one to newbies....
When I die, I'm leaving my body to science fiction.
Steven Wright
I would go with something small. From what I have seen, most people that aren't really into cigars are more apt to try a corona than a torpedo. Those little Oliva G's are great. Something thTs not going to cost much so you don't get upset if they put it out after a few minutes. Cain Daytona would probably be a good starter too. Or even some Acids. I know most people here aren't into the flavored stuff, but I think a lot of people start out with them. I know I did
I like smoking lightning
Oliva g for sure. They have always been well received by newbs better Than any habano I've handed out
Not only do I not know what's going on, I wouldn't know what to do about it if I did.
George Carlin
EPC New Wave Connecticut is a standout imho - A CT wrapped mild cigar that actually to pack some nice flavor components.

Davidoff Thousand Series - though may be a bit pricey for a gimmie to a newb

(05-01-2014, 09:41 AM)Jimmie the Mum Wrote: Oliva G / O

+1
...moving along...nothing left to see here.
honduran. I used to find them to be mild and pleasant back when I started smoking. Zino veritas, a honduran puros, was my favorite. Today there is just not enough flavor for me in your typical honduran cigar.
Jonathan Charles Axisa, my beloved son, 11/7/1979 - 7/8/2010

Ғµ(Ķ Cancer