Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
MUWAT Kentucky Fire Cured
Has anyone had these yet? Any thoughts? Are they even out yet? They look interesting.

Also, any thoughts on the Herrera Esteli Cigars from Drew Estate?
(11-15-2013, 08:42 AM)Magnum PI Wrote: Has anyone had these yet? Any thoughts? Are they even out yet? They look interesting.

Send me your address, will get out a Herrera to you. They are great. Haven't seen the KFC anywhere yet.
"I do not save cigars for occasions that may not happen. Cigars make the occasion special, not the other way around."

Ryan
I knew Ryan would chime in... Good Karma..
They call me The Mum - Jimmie the Mum
Viva Mumcero - Mahk 12/4/2010 - http://www.stogiechat.com/forum/thread-20737.html
Honorary Shield Brother
Weak people seek Revenge, Strong people Forgive, Intelligent people Ignore
(11-15-2013, 09:23 AM)Guarantee Wrote:
(11-15-2013, 08:42 AM)Magnum PI Wrote: Has anyone had these yet? Any thoughts? Are they even out yet? They look interesting.

Send me your address, will get out a Herrera to you. They are great. Haven't seen the KFC anywhere yet.

Thanks. Wasn't trying to mooch, but . . . pm sent.

Been reading about the KFC. Every review seems to state they smell like beef jerky and BBQ. That doesn't sound like something I want in my humidor, but I could be wrong.
(11-15-2013, 10:54 AM)Magnum PI Wrote:
(11-15-2013, 09:23 AM)Guarantee Wrote:

Thanks. Wasn't trying to mooch, but . . . pm sent.

Been reading about the KFC. Every review seems to state they smell like beef jerky and BBQ. That doesn't sound like something I want in my humidor, but I could be wrong.

Will get that out to you tomorrow. The Herrera is probably one of my favorites now, one of the most consistent cigars I have had.

I am pretty excited to try the KFC. I think it should pair very well with my favorite scotch. It was supposed to come out with the Nica Rusticas but I guess it didn't make it. Nicas have started hitting shelves.
"I do not save cigars for occasions that may not happen. Cigars make the occasion special, not the other way around."

Ryan
I haven't had the KFC but have had the pleasure of smoking several Leccia Blacks. They are another new offering boasting fire cured tobacco filler.
Manufactured: DR
Wrapper: Habano
Binder: Nicaraguan Rosado
Filler: Nicaraguan Ligero, Dominican Ligero, Brazilian Viso, and a Fire-Cured leaf called "Dark Fire"
The pre light aroma is somewhat sweet and bbq-esque. It is a distinctly unique aroma as compared to traditionally cured tobacco but there is no concern about storing it with other sticks. I was initially concerned with this as well but I spoke with Sam Leccia about it and he assured me it wasn't a concern. I haven't had an issue with it at all. They are not infused or perfumed in any way and the flavors/aroma should not marry with other cigars in the humi. It's not strong or overwhelming at all...just different. Also, the "dark fire" filler is only a portion of the filler, balanced beautifully with others including some delicious ligeros.
The smoking experience is also very unique with a med/full strength and body. Full white smoke experience. I am not one to discuss all sorts of various flavors when describing cigars but the Black has a subtle "campfire" like smokiness (in a good way) but as mentioned, it is well balanced. You will notice a slightly sweet...not sugary sweet but more of a subtle natural tobacco sweetness and flavor as well as some peppery kick.
For me, it is not a "go-to" just because I am not always in the mood for this particular smoking experience but they are really something special...kind of a hearty dessert smoke. I have a box in my humidor so I obviously dig 'em. I also have a box of Whites which are a new favorite...whole other story. Anyway, didn't mean to hijack the thread that was originally asking about KFC but related.... (kinda) Smile
Cigar Art here - http://www.cigartist.com
(11-21-2013, 09:34 AM)mad4maduro Wrote: I haven't had the KFC but have had the pleasure of smoking several Leccia Blacks. They are another new offering boasting fire cured tobacco filler.
Manufactured: DR
Wrapper: Habano
Binder: Nicaraguan Rosado
Filler: Nicaraguan Ligero, Dominican Ligero, Brazilian Viso, and a Fire-Cured leaf called "Dark Fire"
The pre light aroma is somewhat sweet and bbq-esque. It is a distinctly unique aroma as compared to traditionally cured tobacco but there is no concern about storing it with other sticks. I was initially concerned with this as well but I spoke with Sam Leccia about it and he assured me it wasn't a concern. I haven't had an issue with it at all. They are not infused or perfumed in any way and the flavors/aroma should not marry with other cigars in the humi. It's not strong or overwhelming at all...just different. Also, the "dark fire" filler is only a portion of the filler, balanced beautifully with others including some delicious ligeros.
The smoking experience is also very unique with a med/full strength and body. Full white smoke experience. I am not one to discuss all sorts of various flavors when describing cigars but the Black has a subtle "campfire" like smokiness (in a good way) but as mentioned, it is well balanced. You will notice a slightly sweet...not sugary sweet but more of a subtle natural tobacco sweetness and flavor as well as some peppery kick.
For me, it is not a "go-to" just because I am not always in the mood for this particular smoking experience but they are really something special...kind of a hearty dessert smoke. I have a box in my humidor so I obviously dig 'em. I also have a box of Whites which are a new favorite...whole other story. Anyway, didn't mean to hijack the thread that was originally asking about KFC but related.... (kinda) Smile

This is great. Thanks for posting. Seems like there are so many new cigars out there now. Good stuff.
pm me your addy if you are interested in trying the Black.............. Wink
Cigar Art here - http://www.cigartist.com
Those Leccia black labels are awesome. Makes me look forward to trying the KFC!
StogieChat's Resident Classic Truck Restoration Amateur.

--Graham
(11-21-2013, 11:46 AM)mad4maduro Wrote: pm me your addy if you are interested in trying the Black.............. Wink

Just saw this. PM sent . . .Smile