Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
MTA
How many MTA workers does it take to open a hatch

[Image: IMG_20131002_110140_922_zps9ae879de.jpg]

Well, these 7 guys took an hour to set up that fence then were standing around for at least another hour... Aparantly 8...

oops... 9
[Image: IMG_20131002_110450_354_zpse7abd71e.jpg]

(yes, I took these pictures right outside of my office window)

a short while later another guy (#9) came with a cone, they opened the gate, 1 of the guys went in, they placed the cone in the open gate area and 1 guy went down. 10 minutes later he came up and they closed the hatch.

so they were waiting for the cone guy...
Jonathan Charles Axisa, my beloved son, 11/7/1979 - 7/8/2010

Ғµ(Ķ Cancer
That seems like a great use of tax money.
--Mike
Everyone knows you can't do anything without the cone guy. Most important guy of any work detail.... ;-)
"If you don't like change, you're going to like irrelevance even less"

Gen Shinseki
Apparently we're in the wrong line of work. Utterly ridiculous
Fishing is much more than fish. It is the great occasion when we may return to the fine simplicity of our forefathers.
hey, what about the citi bike program that looks like is doing well too.
No Justice, No Peace!
Someone stole the cone!!
They call me The Mum - Jimmie the Mum
Viva Mumcero - Mahk 12/4/2010 - http://www.stogiechat.com/forum/thread-20737.html
Honorary Shield Brother
Weak people seek Revenge, Strong people Forgive, Intelligent people Ignore
(10-02-2013, 02:04 PM)nayslayer Wrote: hey, what about the citi bike program that looks like is doing well too.

I've looked out my window and seen the entire rack empty and a few hours later people trying to return bikes and no slots (there are 3 more stations within 2 blocks from here and each of these stations are double or triple stations-meaning 2 or 3 racks abutted to one another)
Jonathan Charles Axisa, my beloved son, 11/7/1979 - 7/8/2010

Ғµ(Ķ Cancer
That's why everything is so expensive in NY. Anywhere else in the country and they would of only had 4 guys waiting for the cone guy. Our governor said on TV that they were going to have one of the main roads into the mountains, washed out in the flood, rebuild by 12-1. These are the same people that have been working on a piece of interstate that is 4 miles long and flat for the last 2 years.
I saw the thread title and thought,

Let me tell you of the story of a man named Charlie...

Thanks, now that will be in my head alllllll night.

Looks like PennDot in PA!
I'll try anything once, twice if I like it, three times to make sure. -Mae West
C'mon guys

That looks like the coolest job in the world to me

Hangaround a fence shootin the sheet ....... where do I sign up?

I could be the cone guy .... no, wait .... there would be a lot of responsibility on the cone guy ..... nope ..... fencer leaner on'er sounds like the job for me.
The 2 most important days of your life are: The day you were born & the day you find out why