Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cohiba red dot robusto
My favorite smoke so far has been the cohiba red dot robusto. Everything I love about it is great except the price. What other cigar would you compare to it? I would like to try something that may be the same but if I have to suck up the coast, oh well
Everyone has different tastes and sometimes, it's the pairing and your mood. Its a general cigar that shares its name and some of the celebrity of the isom cohiba line. I've smoked one years ago and was OK, but I can't help you with something that compares. I'd say just pick up some more, and if you like those, maybe pick up a box.
No Justice, No Peace!
Thanks for the honest answer
All I can say from past experience is this....keep trying new brands before you go down the road of buying boxes. I fell into the trap of buying boxes of everything I tried & liked, now I have a bunch of boxes I don't appreciate that much anymore. Take the time to let your tastes mature a while before you go hog wild !!!!
When I die, I'm leaving my body to science fiction.
Steven Wright
Thanks sjs
Another good way to go is to pick up some of the samplers and test flights offered by sites like CI, Famous, or Atlantic. They tend to be cheaper and you get to try a variety of smokes. In the meantime, keep smoking a few of the Cohibas. If you continue to really enjoy them after trying numerous others, then jump into buying a box.
"I will strive to live with love & care—upon the level by the square"
I realize this thread is a couple of years old. I was flipping through a catalog the other day and saw a knockoff section. I think it was either CI or Thompson, and it showed their knockoff versions of several big-name cigars. I want to say that the Cohiba red dot was on there. I wish I could be more helpful but maybe that is a route to take.
(08-04-2013, 12:16 PM)Swamppro Wrote: My favorite smoke so far has been the cohiba red dot robusto. Everything I love about it is great except the price. What other cigar would you compare to it? I would like to try something that may be the same but if I have to suck up the coast, oh well

It's funny you mentioned these. I was at a cigar shop in Little Havanna in Miami and was so eager to try one, but had already so much in the cart lol. I loved the presentation, shape, color, etc. What were your biggest take aways?