Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My New Project
My cousins came by during the nite and filled in the hole: Big Grin

[Image: IMG_20130612_142605_979_zpsb1afeeb7.jpg]

[Image: IMG_20130612_142552_519_zps938ef575.jpg]
They call me The Mum - Jimmie the Mum
Viva Mumcero - Mahk 12/4/2010 - http://www.stogiechat.com/forum/thread-20737.html
Honorary Shield Brother
Weak people seek Revenge, Strong people Forgive, Intelligent people Ignore
Looking good mum. Did the empty out their trunk while they were filling it up? Wink
Fishing is much more than fish. It is the great occasion when we may return to the fine simplicity of our forefathers.
What a stupid IDIOT I am. On Friday, I didn't realize I accidently put a slit in my pool liner. The brush broke and I must of caught the corner of the pool. Anyway, I came home last night and discovered my 20,000 gallons of pool water was down by about 12,000. Yea, 12,000 gallons.

[Image: IMG_20130625_142845_488_zpsee5857ef.jpg]
I had about 18 inches of water left in the shallow end.

At first I thought it was the repair I did last week but the ground was solid. I called the pool company and they said, gee, you must have a leak, you need to call a diving company and have them dive in the pool, find it and fix it, cost, at least $500.

This morning I pop on a mask and started swimming around underwater looking for the leak.

I found two holes, one big one (a slit about 3 inches long) and one small round hole all in the deep end to the right of the light.

[Image: IMG_20130625_142808_046_zps31ade3fa.jpg]

I put the patches on and then put a larger patch over the original patch. Marked the water line, waited 3.5 hours and it appears I fixed the leaks so I'm filling it back up.

It never ends.
Viva Mumcero - Mahk 12/4/2010 - http://www.stogiechat.com/forum/thread-20737.html
Honorary Shield Brother
White people problems are the worst kind of problems. I'm sure Skipper has some gear you can use to dive with if the leak comes back.
(06-25-2013, 02:02 PM)Dooley Wrote: White people problems are the worst kind of problems. I'm sure Skipper has some gear you can use to dive with if the leak comes back.

lol pools are fun
No Justice, No Peace!
Lucky that you had the bicycle tire patch kit handy, eh?

Well I still have another leak(s). I put this tape on the water line about 11 hours ago and it dropped about an inch /1.5.

I found another slit about a foot deeper than the other leak in the deep end.

Looks like I'm going swimming again this morning. Big Grin

[Image: IMG_20130626_091929_669_zpsaf747892.jpg]
Honorary Shield Brother
Do you have mission impossible, or man from uncle or something similar playing in your head as you carry out your operation

Just askin

I used to get the radio operator on the rig to play Thunderbirds over the tannoy system for me when we ran BOP's or Tree's through the moonpool on the rig

We would play the Jaws theme when the dive bell went in ..... The divers could hear it through their comms as well hahahaha
The 2 most important days of your life are: The day you were born & the day you find out why
(06-26-2013, 08:34 AM)Jimmie the Mum Wrote: Looks like I'm going swimming again this morning. Big Grin

On the upside...if it keeps leaking, you'll just have to walk in !!! No Swimming required !!!!
When I die, I'm leaving my body to science fiction.
Steven Wright
(06-26-2013, 02:28 PM)SJS Wrote:
(06-26-2013, 08:34 AM)Jimmie the Mum Wrote: Looks like I'm going swimming again this morning. Big Grin

On the upside...if it keeps leaking, you'll just have to walk in !!! No Swimming required !!!!

VA Dic..Tongue
Honorary Shield Brother