Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Maui advice
Been to Hawaii many times but going to maui next week for first time for our 25th anniversary. Any activities we shouldn't miss, any restaurants we need to try and finally and most importantly any cigar lounges or stores I need to visit?
"I've got a great cigar collection - it's actually not a collection, because that would imply I wasn't going to smoke every last one of 'em."
Ron White
Mama's Fish House is a must... Mmmmmmmmm!

It's been over 30 years since I've been there. From what I recall it's a lot like California. A tropical hippy paradise.
Jonathan Charles Axisa, my beloved son, 11/7/1979 - 7/8/2010

Ғµ(Ķ Cancer
shark wrestling
Support my Movember team to support Prostate and testicular cancer awareness at: http://us.movember.com/team/747249

We were told it's 7 falls, this site calls it 7 pools. It's a long drive, down a beautiful road and a bit of a hike. But definitely worth it!!!

http://www.hawaiiweb.com/maui/o-heo-gulc...pools.html
"If you don't like change, you're going to like irrelevance even less"

Gen Shinseki
(03-06-2013, 05:15 PM)Dwharmsway Wrote: We were told it's 7 falls, this site calls it 7 pools. It's a long drive, down a beautiful road and a bit of a hike. But definitely worth it!!!

http://www.hawaiiweb.com/maui/o-heo-gulc...pools.html

Thx we will check it out!
"I've got a great cigar collection - it's actually not a collection, because that would imply I wasn't going to smoke every last one of 'em."
Ron White
The falls are pretty awesome just don't get discourage on the drive over it would be fun in a sports car. Leave early to avoid the crowds and if it's open stop by Maui Grown Market and pick up a sandwich and a dog. When I say dog I don't mean hotdog this place has a few mutts that live there that will go with you to the falls and have lunch with you. Also drive down Hiway 31 out of Kihei, keep driving till you end up on the lava flow and then keep going till you get to a small parking area. Walk down the path towards the water and you will have some of the best snorkeling I have seen. It's is very calm and you will most likely have the place to your self. We saw a bunch of turtles there. If you look at the map it looks like you can get from the Falls to the snorkeling area but I have heard the road/path is not a lot of fun. Also the Surfing Goat Dairy is a pretty interesting place check them out online.
(03-08-2013, 01:41 PM)Lurch Wrote: The falls are pretty awesome just don't get discourage on the drive over it would be fun in a sports car. Leave early to avoid the crowds and if it's open stop by Maui Grown Market and pick up a sandwich and a dog. When I say dog I don't mean hotdog this place has a few mutts that live there that will go with you to the falls and have lunch with you. Also drive down Hiway 31 out of Kihei, keep driving till you end up on the lava flow and then keep going till you get to a small parking area. Walk down the path towards the water and you will have some of the best snorkeling I have seen. It's is very calm and you will most likely have the place to your self. We saw a bunch of turtles there. If you look at the map it looks like you can get from the Falls to the snorkeling area but I have heard the road/path is not a lot of fun. Also the Surfing Goat Dairy is a pretty interesting place check them out online.

Thank you Lurch! That is the sort of things were looking for that a lot of tourists like us wouldn't find on our own. My appreciated!!!
Ron White