Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ISO - a good party punch recipe
We are having a Christmas coacktail party for our coworkers, etc. and were thinking of doing some kind of holiday punch to have a "Signature Drink" of sorts for the evening.

Has anyone tried a punch that was a real crowd-pleaser that I can work into a holiday-ish theme? I gigured it would be easier for me to dump a bunch of booze into a big bowl rather than bartend for everyone...

I've read a ton of recipes via Google, but wanted to get some ideas about recipes that people have actually tried and can give me their thoughts on.

Thanks! Smile

The only one I know of is for a 32 gallon trashcan. Granted they were usually great parties.
There are about a thousand recipes for Chatham Artillery Punch. I don't recommend it if the guests need to drive.

12 lemons
2 cups sugar
1 bottle cognac - Some regular VS will work just fine.
1 bottle bourbon - Just like the cognac, don't go crazy here.
1 bottle white rum
3 bottles sparkling wine - chilled in the fridge
5 pound bag cracked ice

A day in advance, zest all of the lemons, and place the zest in a large bowl to muddle with the sugar. After muddling let it sit for one hour. Juice the lemons for two cups of fresh lemon juice. Pour this into the lemon zest and sugar and stir until the sugar is entirely dissolved. Allow this to sit in the fridge for at least one more hour, then remove the lemon zest. Add two cups of water to this, and stir to combine. Leave this overnight.

In your largest punch bowl (this makes a few gallons), Add at least half the bag of ice. Add the lemon/sugar mix, the cognac, bourbon, and rum. Stir thoroughly to combine. Lastly, add the three bottles of sparkling wine, stirring very gently, and as little as possible, to maintain the carbonation.

Delicious, and dangerous. Your guests will love it.
Sounds POTENT! Does this glow in the dark???
“Evil is sweet in the beginning, but bitter in the end.”
Bill, its the holidays, what about a spiked Eggnog? I have a great recipe I make every year if you are interested.
Viva Lancero!

"Spokesd!ck"
(11-26-2012, 01:10 PM)Mark Wrote: Bill, its the holidays, what about a spiked Eggnog? I have a great recipe I make every year if you are interested.

I HATE eggnog. So gross. But one year, I got roped into going to a holiday party at the lady's work where they made some sort of spiked eggnog. And they had some of it with ice cream too. That stuff was so freaking good. That's the way I'd go.
My buddy makes spiked egg nog and I can wait. It is the best
(11-26-2012, 12:03 AM)Ari Wrote: Sounds POTENT! Does this glow in the dark???

It's VERY POTENT, but it sure does taste great. Kinda my go to summer punch recipe.
I am going to try it (but not tonight) haha!

(11-27-2012, 07:44 PM)Stormin Wrote:
(11-26-2012, 12:03 AM)Ari Wrote: Sounds POTENT! Does this glow in the dark???

It's VERY POTENT, but it sure does taste great. Kinda my go to summer punch recipe.
“Evil is sweet in the beginning, but bitter in the end.”
No nog here... Not a fan. But some good ideas -- thanks and keep them coming! Smile