Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Computer Died
So, my Alienware laptop died on Sunday and is at the hospital getting fixed. Either a MoBo or Graphics card (ATI 4870 mobility 1 GB) is the initial thought. The screen just went black and then started flickering a little bit and then turned a couple shades of purple/pink and that is when i knew it was in need of surgery.
Next time have me build you one. Smile Mine eat Alienware for lunch.
“Evil is sweet in the beginning, but bitter in the end.”
How old is it Ty?
They call me The Mum - Jimmie the Mum
Viva Mumcero - Mahk 12/4/2010 - http://www.stogiechat.com/forum/thread-20737.html
Honorary Shield Brother
Weak people seek Revenge, Strong people Forgive, Intelligent people Ignore
(10-23-2012, 09:43 PM)Jimmie the Mum Wrote: How old is it Ty?

Almost 3 years
That sux ty. Sorry...

laptops are always a problem. Not enough room in there for proper cooling, (& that battery is a heat source) and the parts are so compressed. Lastly they are not easy for the average person to work on...

Ari, you dont build laptops do you?
Jonathan Charles Axisa, my beloved son, 11/7/1979 - 7/8/2010

Ғµ(Ķ Cancer
A few years back they tried to push laptop diy, but didn't really work out. I think on newegg you can piece together one, but why would you.
No Justice, No Peace!
Nope,
I don't build laptops, that's just out of my realm. I should be able to do some minor work on them, but building them is just something I have never done.

I have a MacBook Pro (notebook), & once you go Mac there is no going back.

And then I only use the Pc desktop for gaming.

(10-24-2012, 08:00 AM)Skipper the cigar aFISHinodo Wrote: That sux ty. Sorry...

laptops are always a problem. Not enough room in there for proper cooling, (& that battery is a heat source) and the parts are so compressed. Lastly they are not easy for the average person to work on...

Ari, you dont build laptops do you?
“Evil is sweet in the beginning, but bitter in the end.”