Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Weather: How it affects your smoking, & MANCAVE PICS
Here in Central California the weather last week was 105° F, then pretty much over night it went from summer to winter, bypassing fall.

Now it is 57°F in the middle of the day, raining and 89% humidity. Not super cold, but dropping from 105 to 57 all at once it "seems" cold. And forget smoking in the evening unless you can find a cigar bar/lounge.

SMOKING CIGARS IS ABOUT ENJOYMENT and PLEASURE, not a mere tasteless addiction like cigarettes where someone stands outside in the rain next to the mini-mart at 2 below zero shivering, frowning, & looking like you're homeless.

I never smoke inside the house, maybe someday I will purchase a large house and designate a room to the side, or better yet a glass enclosed atrium or green house style patio.

Everyone, please fell free to jump in, tell us where you smoke, if weather affects your ability to smoke where you live. I can't imagine living in Chicago (for example) during the winter without having a place to smoke indoors.

ALSO: If you have a special smoking room (mancave) with ventilation built in for example then please post photos. I am sure one or two of you here have that movie theatre and mancave built into your house, let's see it! (no photos of men doing strange things while wearing makeup please, haha).

I want some ideas. I added a pic of a smoking room (found online) that I liked, then the second pic is The Mobile Cigar Lounge on the Hudson River at Blue Smoke Cigar Lounge.

POST YOUR PLACE, it does not have to be a multimillion dollar place even, just what you have and enjoy! I will post mine as soon as it is finished in the next few weeks.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

“Evil is sweet in the beginning, but bitter in the end.”
lol Hudson River at Blue Smoke Cigar Lounge is in my neck of the woods, however i have not utilized them.
No Justice, No Peace!
Neither did I when I was living back that way. I'll have to check them out. I love being outside as weather permits.
http://www.bluesmokecigarlounge.com/index.php?page_id=6

(10-12-2012, 01:17 PM)nayslayer Wrote: lol Hudson River at Blue Smoke Cigar Lounge is in my neck of the woods, however i have not utilized them.

where did you live?
No Justice, No Peace!
[Image: IMG_0.jpg]

Enjoy a cigar at Empire Cigars in Raleigh.

The weather outside for cigar enjoyment in NC is good in the spring and fall, rough in the summer and the winter.

I have no Man Cave at this time, but will again one day...
--Easy

"If there are no cigars in Heaven, I shall not go." --Mark Twain
easy_e ,

Thanks for posting. Nice looking place to hang out.
Did a bit of visiting to a good spot in Orlando this week. Great place to hide from the winter weather... head to FL and the Corona Cigar Co. Locations. Wink

[Image: Oct15%2520007.jpg]

[Image: Oct15%2520008.jpg]
--Easy

"If there are no cigars in Heaven, I shall not go." --Mark Twain
No pics, but before I got the job at the cigar shop I smoked in my garage with a space heater in the winter, I just built a deck for the back this summer, but of course it was too hot to smoke in the daytime, night was very nice.

So, this winter I will be smoking only at the shop.
Gangsta
i had pics of my chiminea and my HUGE space heater... but I can't find them. They have served me well, but now I gravitate to my lounge. Soon the boat will be out of the water and I'll be at my lounge every friday and again for a shot on the weekend. And my car becomes more of a mobile lounge than a mode of transportation.
Jonathan Charles Axisa, my beloved son, 11/7/1979 - 7/8/2010

Ғµ(Ķ Cancer
Well, I live in Northern Nevada currently at approx 5200 elevation in snow country. I typically smoke my STOGIES on the porch as I enjoy it our there. But yes when its cold I dont smoke in the house either. I am lucky enough to have a shop. Its 4200 sq ft of heaven and 650 sq ft was my man cave and was a mother in law unit. However I gave that portion to my wife for her art studio. That said the front portion of the shop almost 900 sq ft is now no longer a shop but a man cave of sorts. its 34x28 and it has a mopar bar in it and we play poker in it and hang. The back 50x50 shop is where I work now, so the front no longer get much use.

Here is just a couple of pics of the unfinished bar I build lat year

I own 175 acres in Idaho and will eventually leave for their and if I can not sell this place (real estate is horrible here/ this was a 608 K home now worth 325k and I owe more than that on it) then I will give it to the bank or short sell. My new man cave is a 1200 sq ft shop and another 480 attached to the side that faces our pond. Its smaller but PAID OFF and now all I need to finish that and build a home for my wife. In any case, by stogie area will always be a hotrod shop. When I have a stogie and a drink, its my creative juices flowing and I can turn junk into fun stuff.

[Image: DSCF2440.jpg]
[Image: DSCF2437.jpg]
[Image: DSCF2430.jpg]
the other side of the front shop and a door that meads to the read 2500 sq ft actually work area. But I also smoke stogies in there too.
[Image: DSCF1438.jpg]

If I am forced to stay here a few more years the entire floor of this front shop will be covered in RACEDECK and here is the pattern I am going to purchase. Racedeck is great and its a click and fit and best of all if I have to let the house go, then I can pick it up and take it with me.

RACEDECK 3 CAR GARAGE FLOOR PATTERN
[Image: DSCF14151.jpg]