Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Blood sugar and Cigars
Has everyone here heard this?

I have seen this type of info on several Cigar websites.

There is a strong connection between nicotine and blood sugar. Smoking results in the inhibition of insulin secretion and increased glycogen processing.

In other words, there is more glucose (sugar) in your blood when you smoke.

And if you have blood sugar problems you should never smoke on an empty stomach.
“Evil is sweet in the beginning, but bitter in the end.”
I tend to smoke stronger cigars & I try to never smoke on an empty stomach, but if that happens & I get hit by that strong cigar, drinking or eating something sugary tends to help.
If Sonny had EZ-Pass, he'd have survived that hit...
Never apologize mister, it's a sign of weakness. - Capt. Nathan Cutting Brittles
(09-30-2012, 11:47 AM)Ari Wrote: Has everyone here heard this?

There is a strong connection between nicotine and blood sugar. Smoking results in the inhibition of insulin secretion and increased glycogen processing.

And if you have blood sugar problems you should never smoke on an empty stomach.
I thought there was no nicotine in cigars
From what I understand the stronger cigar, the more the nicotine.

(09-30-2012, 02:36 PM)jam Wrote:

“Evil is sweet in the beginning, but bitter in the end.”
(09-30-2012, 02:36 PM)jam Wrote:

I've always heard that one cigar can have as much nicotine as a whole pack of cigarettes. We are just exposed to a lot less of that, as we don't inhale. But there is still some nicotine absorbed through the tongue and the insides of your mouth. I never knew of any issues regarding blood sugar and nicotine, but I've never really looked into that either. Interesting to know. Maybe I have blood sugar problems, as pretty much all cigars give me a case of the head spins.
I think Skipper knows about this stuff...
If Sonny had EZ-Pass, he'd have survived that hit...
Never apologize mister, it's a sign of weakness. - Capt. Nathan Cutting Brittles
(10-02-2012, 06:23 PM)Tonto Wrote: I think Skipper knows about this stuff...

Was thinking the same thing
(10-02-2012, 06:23 PM)Tonto Wrote: I think Skipper knows about this stuff...

HAHAHAHA. What doesn't skipper know about?? The man's the man!
Of course cigars have nicotine!! What to you think that light headed woosy feeling is when you smoke certain cigars? The Nic. kick!!
cigars have nicotine. as much as a pack of cigarettes. But this is misleading (like tea having more caffeine than coffee). You absorb much much less nicotine in an average cigar than in a pack of cigarettes. You get just a little more than 1 or 2 cigarettes-if that (because cigarettes are laced with chemicals designed to help you absorb it more and you inhale them-your tongue is simply not a good place to absorb nicotine).
But, I know NOTHING about blood sugar and smoking.
Having said that... there is so much negative hype surrounding smoking I doubt so much of what the anti-smoking Nazis say these days. I would tend to dispute this sugar thing too. How can something that contain no sugar increase your blood sugar? It makes no sense to me but I know nothing on the subject.
Jonathan Charles Axisa, my beloved son, 11/7/1979 - 7/8/2010

Ғµ(Ķ Cancer