Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Member from Michigan
Hi Everyone,

Just wanted to pop in and introduce myself. I'm a cigar smoker from Rochester (north of Detroit). I also run a website/iphone app called CigarPlaces.com. I still have a lot to learn about cigars and I'm looking forward to picking up a few tips from you guys!
Welcome Chris!

--Steve from PA
This is my boomstick!
Welcome from VA!!! Hope your not a Wolverines fan. haha
"I do not save cigars for occasions that may not happen. Cigars make the occasion special, not the other way around."

Ryan
(08-17-2012, 08:48 AM)Guarantee Wrote: Welcome from VA!!! Hope your not a Wolverines fan. haha

Hah! I'm a Central Michigan grad with friends from UM and MSU, so I'm all over the map.
Welcome from Wisconsin.
Fishing is much more than fish. It is the great occasion when we may return to the fine simplicity of our forefathers.
(08-17-2012, 08:52 AM)chriscbs Wrote:
(08-17-2012, 08:48 AM)Guarantee Wrote: Welcome from VA!!! Hope your not a Wolverines fan. haha

Hah! I'm a Central Michigan grad with friends from UM and MSU, so I'm all over the map.

Originally from Ohio, so big Buckeyes fan here. Also fan of Akron!!!

"I do not save cigars for occasions that may not happen. Cigars make the occasion special, not the other way around."

Ryan
Chris, welcome from NJ. What do like to smoke?
They call me The Mum - Jimmie the Mum
Viva Mumcero - Mahk 12/4/2010 - http://www.stogiechat.com/forum/thread-20737.html
Honorary Shield Brother
Weak people seek Revenge, Strong people Forgive, Intelligent people Ignore
Welcome
--Mike
Hey Chris, Welcome to SC.....tell me more about your app, I seen your post on CA and it looks like it's for Store Managers only.
Gangsta
(08-17-2012, 10:29 AM)irratebass Wrote: Hey Chris, Welcome to SC.....tell me more about your app, I seen your post on CA and it looks like it's for Store Managers only.

It (the CigarPlaces.com website) launched in 2008 as a place for people to list cigar-friendly places that they know of for others to find. Anyone can go one and add a pin to the map.

At the time that it launched I was fed up with the "no smoking in restaurants and bars" laws that were being passed around the country and decided to try to do something to help people find places to have a cigar.

Since then it's grown to be international, and we just launched the iphone app earlier this year.

Last week we launched the Manager Platform (the post that you saw on CA), which allows owners and managers to manage the photos/contact information, etc on their page. Up until this point we've relied completely on users (people who don't own the shops) to keep things up-to-date.