Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Senate Approves Bill Regulating Tobacco Companies
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2009/06/11/senates-approves-regulating-tobacco-companies/

Senate Approves Bill Regulating Tobacco Companies
The legislation, one of the most dramatic anti-smoking initiatives since the U.S. surgeon general's warning 45 years ago that tobacco causes lung cancer, would give the FDA authority to regulate the content, marketing and advertising of cigarettes and other tobacco products.
If Sonny had EZ-Pass, he'd have survived that hit...
Never apologize mister, it's a sign of weakness. - Capt. Nathan Cutting Brittles
I really hate the statists in Washington.  But alas, you guys know that!
Welp.  There goes the neighborhood.  :?
*goes to find something to smoke and cheap property outside the US*

Djaric Wrote:Welp.  There goes the neighborhood.  :?

You are not far from ND.  If you can hack the winters its not such a bad place!
US_Tank Wrote:

Did North Dakota Succeed from the Union?  Big Grin

in all seriousness, I have just about given up. I'm honestly looking to Costa Rica myself. Just need to figure out what I'll do to get by. One thing I know though is that I plan to be an expat sooner than later! I'm sick & tired of all this bullshit & where it's heading & the negativity it produces! I'm going somewhere where the government either doesn't care or doesn't have the resources or power to stick it's nose in my business! Everyone's welcome to join me. We can pool our resources & build Camp StogieChat!
Their focus is cigarettes, however I can almost bet that all legislation will state "tobacco products" which will include cigars, chew, etc...     Looks like they will have control of advertising laws.   I wonder what that will bring for the internet.

And lets not forget....alcohol is also a "drug" actually consumed more than tobacco.   Its going to be next on the chopping block.
Djaric Wrote:
US_Tank Wrote:

Did North Dakota Succeed from the Union?  Big Grin

Not yet but I will help it along!

macallan2 Wrote:in all seriousness, I have just about given up. I'm honestly looking to Costa Rica myself. Just need to figure out what I'll do to get by. One thing I know though is that I plan to be an expat sooner than later! I'm sick & tired of all this bullshit & where it's heading & the negativity it produces! I'm going somewhere where the government either doesn't care or doesn't have the resources or power to stick it's nose in my business! Everyone's welcome to join me. We can pool our resources & build Camp StogieChat!

And the women of Costa Rica will welcome fat old guys like us anyways!  And with a lighter and a smile!
Heehee, I like that Tank. [brently] "Oh, Miss Smurfette, please bring me another mojito!"

Camp StogieChat does sound like a good idea. Hmmm, the money thing though...
No Reserve, No Retreat, No Regrets!!!