Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
beetles............again!!
Man, I have the best luck. I figure it's my own stupid fault, the house apparently got a little warm while I was out camping this past weekend, and I had a couple beetles come to life. Found two trapped in my beetle trap this afternoon. So (again) I went through every cigar, looking for other signs of beetles. Only found the two infected sticks, unfortunately they were two of my favorites. But my question is this, did I go wrong because of the heat? Should I keep worrying? I don't have a deep freezer available to me, and even if I did I'm trying to avoid freezing all my sticks at all costs. Please help! Do I need more traps?
Damm....Sorry!

What cigars were they?
If Sonny had EZ-Pass, he'd have survived that hit...
Never apologize mister, it's a sign of weakness. - Capt. Nathan Cutting Brittles
Epc new wave Connecticut. Such a shame. They weren't next to each other or anything, just both with holes chewed through them.
Hmm maybe that is where they came from.
That sucks
--Mike
Man sorry to hear this, so your humi was ok and then you went away for the weekend and noticed the beetles? What happened?
Gangsta
That stinks. sorry.
I'll try anything once, twice if I like it, three times to make sure. -Mae West
(06-21-2012, 10:10 AM)irratebass Wrote: Man sorry to hear this, so your humi was ok and then you went away for the weekend and noticed the beetles? What happened?

Yeah. I'd found a beetle in there in the past. From a bundle of cigars I bought online. Threw them out and hadn't had any issues since. Went out of town for the weekend, forgot to turn the cooler on before I left, and came back to find two little bastards stuck in my trap. Pitched those two cigars and went through every cigar in my humi. Didn't see any other signs. Is it possible it was isolated to those 2 sticks? I don't know. But I sure hope so.
(06-21-2012, 10:10 AM)irratebass Wrote: Man sorry to hear this, so your humi was ok and then you went away for the weekend and noticed the beetles? What happened?

They come alive if they are there in extreme heat. What type of trap did you use????
(06-21-2012, 04:56 PM)nickd2008 Wrote:

They come alive if they are there in extreme heat. What type of trap did you use????

These right here

http://www.domyownpestcontrol.com/propes...p-749.html

get em 6 at a time, and they're like 2.50 a piece.