Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
beetles............again!!
(06-27-2012, 09:25 AM)jitzy Wrote: Skip shouldn't he buy a new house too since the beetle's have now escaped the cigars and will more than likely start eating all his furniture?

Sorry couldn't resist

Probably best to change states, those sucker spread fast!
(06-27-2012, 09:25 AM)jitzy Wrote: Skip shouldn't he buy a new house too since the beetle's have now escaped the cigars and will more than likely start eating all his furniture?

Sorry couldn't resist

ROFLMAO! Big Grin

(06-27-2012, 07:55 AM)Skipper the cigar aFISHinodo Wrote: Scott, you know the drill. Inspect every cigar in your humidor daily for a while. Toss out any badly infected cigars. Suspect cigars and those that were near the problematic cigars should be frozen. Inspect the bottom of your humidor daily for beetle sign (droppings and bits of tobacco. I find placing a large white piece or paper or oak tag on the bottom makes this easier).
Never, ever EVER spray any insecticide on your cigars, near your cigars, in your humidor! Ever! That's just not good advice and not needed.
The fact that you had a beetle trap in there probably saved you.
And remember you did not have the problem because your temp got high, you had the problem because you had dormant eggs in your cigars.

Thanks John. At least someone chimed in with some real advice. I've been doing just that. Everything looks (fingers crossed) to be ok. Glad I had those traps, that's for sure. Ugly little bastards had a heyday in there. But it could've been much worse.

I will say this though, in regards to the company I ordered those traps from- EXCELLENT service. I ordered some more the night I had the issues and had the new traps here in 3 days. Super fast shipping, updates all the way through the process, anyone who needs traps I wouldn't hesitate to buy from those guys. They don't come in retail wrapping though, they just come as the trap alone. Probably why they give them out so cheap.

Sorry couldn't resist

HAHAHAHAHAHAH
THE ONE & ONLY - THE LK

The last time there was a Tsunami at SC was many years ago when a young gentleman came in and EARNED the title of Legend Killer
- the Great Parkster

I don't even have words bro.  You have absolutely blown the $hit out of me. No come back, I got nothing, speechless - The Shephard PO - RIP July 2007
(06-27-2012, 06:49 PM)scott81425 Wrote:
(06-27-2012, 07:55 AM)Skipper the cigar aFISHinodo Wrote: Scott, you know the drill. Inspect every cigar in your humidor daily for a while. Toss out any badly infected cigars. Suspect cigars and those that were near the problematic cigars should be frozen. Inspect the bottom of your humidor daily for beetle sign (droppings and bits of tobacco. I find placing a large white piece or paper or oak tag on the bottom makes this easier).
Never, ever EVER spray any insecticide on your cigars, near your cigars, in your humidor! Ever! That's just not good advice and not needed.
The fact that you had a beetle trap in there probably saved you.
And remember you did not have the problem because your temp got high, you had the problem because you had dormant eggs in your cigars.

Thanks John. At least someone chimed in with some real advice. I've been doing just that. Everything looks (fingers crossed) to be ok. Glad I had those traps, that's for sure. Ugly little bastards had a heyday in there. But it could've been much worse.

I will say this though, in regards to the company I ordered those traps from- EXCELLENT service. I ordered some more the night I had the issues and had the new traps here in 3 days. Super fast shipping, updates all the way through the process, anyone who needs traps I wouldn't hesitate to buy from those guys. They don't come in retail wrapping though, they just come as the trap alone. Probably why they give them out so cheap.

Skip is spot on right here. My temp gets high at times and I never seen any issues. Just be careful of where the cigars are coming from or unknowns that get passed along. I am not a fan of freezing, and luckily haven't seen a beetle in over 8 years.
THE ONE & ONLY - THE LK

The last time there was a Tsunami at SC was many years ago when a young gentleman came in and EARNED the title of Legend Killer
- the Great Parkster

I don't even have words bro.  You have absolutely blown the $hit out of me. No come back, I got nothing, speechless - The Shephard PO - RIP July 2007