Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Xikar quit sparking 2 months old.
Local store had some on order and when they get in they will swap out no problem.
I purchased one! It won't work period. Darrel tried for days to get it to work. I got mad and don't remember where I put it. let's just say I will not be buying another one.
(06-12-2012, 01:05 AM)StonesWifey Wrote: I purchased one! It won't work period. Darrel tried for days to get it to work. I got mad and don't remember where I put it. let's just say I will not be buying another one.

Find it and return it, they have lifetime warranties and they do stand behind all their products. Even the best products could get a lemon once in a while, you should never give up on someone cause one problem that they are willing to fix or replace.
They do have great customer service, but that is mostly because they spend so much time replacing their products.

We sell Xicar in the shop I work in. I have yet to sell one that hasn't been returned within a month. We have stopped taking back returns and just have the customer send them back.

One thing Xicar users need to know. You should use their butane and it will save you some headaches. they put some kind of additive in it and the lighters to work more trouble free. S.T. Dupont and Prometheis both do the same thing. NEVER use anything less than triple refined, but even that keeps some of the expensive lighters from working if you don't use their brand of butane.

(06-15-2012, 03:44 PM)discdog Wrote: They do have great customer service, but that is mostly because they spend so much time replacing their products.

We sell Xicar in the shop I work in. I have yet to sell one that hasn't been returned within a month. We have stopped taking back returns and just have the customer send them back.

One thing Xicar users need to know. You should use their butane and it will save you some headaches. they put some kind of additive in it and the lighters to work more trouble free. S.T. Dupont and Prometheis both do the same thing. NEVER use anything less than triple refined, but even that keeps some of the expensive lighters from working if you don't use their brand of butane.

So true, if I don't use Dupont butane in my Xtend it would crap out
With the warranty there is just no reason NOT to buy them. I have a few to have a backup. Not that I have a reason to have enough lighters for a herf anyway for some reason. Why DO we have so many lighters?

We cross our bridges when we come to them and burn them behind us, with nothing to show for our progress except a memory of the smell of smoke, and a presumption that once our eyes watered.

(06-18-2012, 07:21 AM)tafdom Wrote: With the warranty there is just no reason NOT to buy them. I have a few to have a backup. Not that I have a reason to have enough lighters for a herf anyway for some reason. Why DO we have so many lighters?

Ya gotz t have gadgets.
(06-18-2012, 04:08 PM)discdog Wrote:
(06-18-2012, 07:21 AM)tafdom Wrote: With the warranty there is just no reason NOT to buy them. I have a few to have a backup. Not that I have a reason to have enough lighters for a herf anyway for some reason. Why DO we have so many lighters?

Ya gotz t have gadgets.

same reason we like nipples on women.
Jonathan Charles Axisa, my beloved son, 11/7/1979 - 7/8/2010

Ғµ(Ķ Cancer
i only like 2 nipples on my women!

im using a cheapo ronson from walmart, works evertime i need it to... that way i can spend more on my sticks!
My lighter was replaced. Now I have a working xikar lighter and cutter.