Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Padilla .... Major changes
Two of my favorite cigars are being wiped out.. The Signature 32 and Miami, and a few others.. Read here

http://www.halfwheel.com/?p=27387

I am Bummed out
No Justice, No Peace!
The Miami!!? Sad
Havent had either! Only Padilla I've had was the '68, which wasnt all that great at the time. I'll have to pick a few up to try
StogieChat's Resident Classic Truck Restoration Amateur.

--Graham
The 1932 is one of the best cigars for me the past 4 years. And the first batch of Miami's were simply outstanding. Sad news. Glad I stocked up as of late as I was able to find 1932's on C-bid. The newest blend of 1932's is different from the older blends so the fact that they are going away is not a bad thing as I feel that the old blends are already gone.
I saw this... Based upon some other reading I had done, I can't say that this was a shock to me. Too tough to get the right tobaccos it would seem, and it is a damn shame. The OR 1932 was a great cigar (and I am fortunate to have some robustos left), and the revised blend, though not quite up to the OR was a fine cigar as well.

At least one of the new blends should be good as he is working with El Titan de Bronze on it.

Really love the 32's Mumceros and the others aren't bad either. Glad I have a few (boxes) stocked in the humidor.
They call me The Mum - Jimmie the Mum
Viva Mumcero - Mahk 12/4/2010 - http://www.stogiechat.com/forum/thread-20737.html
Honorary Shield Brother
Weak people seek Revenge, Strong people Forgive, Intelligent people Ignore
Ernesto Tweeted me: There a release date for invictus? <-August , also doing Oliva made Padilla Reserva out in August ”

Anyone here know anything more, or can't confirm, nor deny? lol
No Justice, No Peace!
(05-30-2012, 05:53 AM)nayslayer Wrote: Ernesto Tweeted me: There a release date for invictus? <-August , also doing Oliva made Padilla Reserva out in August ”

Anyone here know anything more, or can't confirm, nor deny? lol

Is that Reserva the one they are doing for the European market?

The original Pepin blends of the Miami and the 32's were amazing smokes but the new blends were still good cigars in there own right, sad to see them go.
(06-02-2012, 10:12 AM)jitzy Wrote: The original Pepin blends of the Miami and the 32's were amazing smokes but the new blends were still good cigars in there own right, sad to see them go.

agreed, I still have an OR 32 or two. Back when they had the serial numbers, one of the finest cigars I've had the pleasure of smoking. And I always loved the Miami's as well, even as they changed the blend over the years, they remained a solid stick. Sad to see them go.