Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
anyone have some resume writing tips?
admin Wrote:just lie....   LOL!

Actually, I think most of them are BS.   What you see on paper is hardly ever representative of how the person really is.   Yes, it gets your foot in the door but I think its too stuffy to consider the resume the only reason to consider an interview.   I'd rather have an employee who is friendly, willing to learn, etc versus one who already thinks they know the world.  Wink
Maybe thats my problem.  I'm too truthful. 

But now I seem to remember that CIA internship I had way back when... 
Thanks for Joging my memory G. 
Wink
Use a professional outline and be pithy. A verbose resume' will be skimmed at best. [pirate2]
madurodave Wrote:I have been working on my resume for 20 years and took a class on it in college.  pm my your email and I will be glad to let you use my format (confidential!)
I have taken Dave up on this offer a few times over the years.........I've landed some pretty sweet jobs also.  We don't call him Davey Resume Jones for nothing     [thumbsup]

SmokyOneKenobi Wrote:
madurodave Wrote:I have been working on my resume for 20 years and took a class on it in college.  pm my your email and I will be glad to let you use my format (confidential!)
I have taken Dave up on this offer a few times over the years.........I've landed some pretty sweet jobs also.  We don't call him Davey Resume Jones for nothing     [thumbsup]
[lol][lol]
This article was on MSN today.  Weird timing, huh?

http://msn.careerbuilder.com/Article/MSN-1924-Cover-Letters-Resumes-Rock-Your-R%C3%A9sum%C3%A9-in-Any-Situation/?sc_extcmp=JS_1924_home1&SiteId=cbmsnhp41924&ArticleID=1924&gt1=23000&cbRecursionCnt=1&cbsid=9553b21bc28b4de79b7c6b11790ed2f8-298738371-JG-5