Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help with Cigar OAsis
[Image: 26d6ab0e.jpg]

I am seeing some mold in the cartridge the last few times, the oasis is in a cooler so I clean it off with a rag and fill with distilled water, am i looking for problem, do you guys think its ok or get a new one, this cartridge is only 1 year old

Thanks
I would get a new one. For what they cost its not worth the risk of having moldy air circulating around your cigars.
Viva Lancero!

"Spokesd!ck"
I will thanks Mark
Agreed
Once the foam brick was dry the first time I pried it out of there and replaced it with gel. Never looked back.
(02-28-2012, 07:41 PM)The542 Wrote: Once the foam brick was dry the first time I pried it out of there and replaced it with gel. Never looked back.

I have heard of guys doing that with beads too
Viva Lancero!

"Spokesd!ck"
(02-28-2012, 07:41 PM)The542 Wrote: Once the foam brick was dry the first time I pried it out of there and replaced it with gel. Never looked back.

The 542 is 99% right.

Rip that green shit out with a fork, and replace it with nothing but distilled water and a couple pieces of copper pipe or pennies. You don't need a new Oasis or a new cartridge. Just rip that green crap out of there. Skip will tell you that copper is a natural antifungal agent. That green florist crap is a natural pro-fungal agent! Just get rid of it and fill with distilled water. And copper. And distilled water. And copper. And distilled water.

Should I say it a couple more times, or have I been redundant enough already? Big Grin

Summary: Rip the florist foam out with a fork, then add distilled water and some copper.
No Reserve, No Retreat, No Regrets!!!
(02-28-2012, 08:21 PM)B-Dub Cigar Ambassador Wrote:

The 542 is 99% right.

Rip that green shit out with a fork, and replace it with nothing but distilled water and a couple pieces of copper pipe or pennies. You don't need a new Oasis or a new cartridge. Just rip that green crap out of there. Skip will tell you that copper is a natural antifungal agent. That green florist crap is a natural pro-fungal agent! Just get rid of it and fill with distilled water. And copper. And distilled water. And copper. And distilled water.

Should I say it a couple more times, or have I been redundant enough already? Big Grin

Summary: Rip the florist foam out with a fork, then add distilled water and some copper.

That's very interesting! Thanks for the info
Good call Dub!
Viva Lancero!

"Spokesd!ck"
huh, you learn something new everyday
No Justice, No Peace!