Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Desperately Seeking Ceder
Good point. That's there stock number, but I have to reasonably assume it could be higher. So long as it gets at least that high...
I have a coolidor and a wine fridge. (and a desktop humi but we're not talking about them)

In the coolidor, the person that made it (Pete) had taken some regular wood and created a shelf "seat" on both short sides of the cooler. He then took that white plastic coated metal closet shelving to make the shelf. Under the shelf is all box storage. I cant tell you offhand how many I have in there, but there's plenty. On the shelf are four of the spanish cedar trays for loose sticks. The humidification is a pound of beads, albeit I dont know what brand. but the humidity is rock solid at 67% constantly. Temp is 70 consistantly.

In my fridgeador that I got from doubled on here, I went with the plastic coated metal closet shelving which I cut to size. Two shelves. Currently I have one spanish cedar tray in there and a couple pieces of spanish cedar that you get in some cigar boxes. There area couple loose sticks in the tray, but really only boxes in the fridgador. I have a pound of beads in there, and I also have a small container of those beads that swell up with (distilled) water and slowly shrink down with an oust fan that 'blows' across them. Humidity in there is 69-70%, and the temp is always 71.3 degrees. (even though the coolidor sits on top of it. I can only guess that it runs a little warmer because it's black?) I dont have it plugged in, and so far its worked great!

At some point, I'll take some pics and post them up here.
...moving along...nothing left to see here.
I'm thinking of going for 1/4". I see a bunch of auctions for that thickness in varying widths and more than long enough lengths.

What's the general opinion of putting the shelves together? small stainless nails? Glue? Jointed? Some sort of convoluted peg system?
(02-24-2012, 10:08 AM)Domniomaestro Wrote: I have a coolidor and a wine fridge. (and a desktop humi but we're not talking about them)

In the coolidor, the person that made it (Pete) had taken some regular wood and created a shelf "seat" on both short sides of the cooler. He then took that white plastic coated metal closet shelving to make the shelf. Under the shelf is all box storage. I cant tell you offhand how many I have in there, but there's plenty. On the shelf are four of the spanish cedar trays for loose sticks. The humidification is a pound of beads, albeit I dont know what brand. but the humidity is rock solid at 67% constantly. Temp is 70 consistantly.

In my fridgeador that I got from doubled on here, I went with the plastic coated metal closet shelving which I cut to size. Two shelves. Currently I have one spanish cedar tray in there and a couple pieces of spanish cedar that you get in some cigar boxes. There area couple loose sticks in the tray, but really only boxes in the fridgador. I have a pound of beads in there, and I also have a small container of those beads that swell up with (distilled) water and slowly shrink down with an oust fan that 'blows' across them. Humidity in there is 69-70%, and the temp is always 71.3 degrees. (even though the coolidor sits on top of it. I can only guess that it runs a little warmer because it's black?) I dont have it plugged in, and so far its worked great!

I want to see the Pic of the shelves in your cooler
(02-25-2012, 06:13 AM)jam Wrote:
(02-24-2012, 10:08 AM)Domniomaestro Wrote: I have a coolidor and a wine fridge. (and a desktop humi but we're not talking about them)

I want to see the Pic of the shelves in your cooler

+1
No Justice, No Peace!